Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: hunting weather...whats your fav

Re: hunting weather...whats your fav

I like overcast for the spring bear hunting days, as it's usually too hot to deal with the meat on sunny late spring days..I like heavy intermittent rains for deer hunting, as it forces them to feed I usually find when it ain't pouring..but fog I like sometimes if it's moving fog, as I usually see lots of deer out those days because they must feel more secure?

Light fresh snow, back above freezing, a light wind...
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

Still hunting old growth timber in cold as it gets and snowing. Nothing like coming around an old fir and finding a big old muley bedded.

calm, sunny, frosty morning in mid October; no snow.

perfect weather for a walk in the woods, watching & listening for grouse

I like mild rain followed by sunny breaks for bears. They always move when the sun pops up. Also like sun for bears but not to hot. And warm rain for bt's. Hunted cougars and wolves this year in the snow with calls and a rabbit decoy. Trenching through 2' of snow in work boots seeing all the tracks everywhere that was awesome. For me now there really is no off season.

Frosty, right after a major snow storm, and sweet sunshine!

Before, during, and after a storm...
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

For deer archery season, heavy snow and minimal to no wind, steady rain for second choice, and bright sun last choice.
    For moose, frosty cold nights and overcast.

Spring day for bear hunting a cloudy day with a little sun and for deer a cloudy day or a little rain for deer hunting I do like a little frost in the morning. I usually do not hunt in the snow. As November I am finished hunting for the season.
    Nothing is like climbing a mountain, and then feeling like you are at the top of the world.

Moose, clear cold at night then over cast in morning with no wind (for calling) same for ELK. Nov. deer, snow on the ground,cold, colder the better. Ducks, hard rain and wind. Geese, over cast with light steady wind. Pheasants in Alberta, light wind (rare day in southern Alta.) frosty mornings with light winds are great for scenting for the dogs. Grouse, warn sunny afternoons.