Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Recipe Book

Recipe Book

I am just curious. With everyone's ideas and recipes on game meats iffn y'all have ever thought to put together an HBC Game recipe cook book. It could be put together and sold to raise funds for the HBC site. With all the knowledge we have on this site I am certain the book would be a success.

Ali

A Real Southern Canadian Beaver &
    I am Proud to be 100% Canadian "Y'ALL"
    + 110% Redneck Woman "Yehaww"

redneck wedding vow: til huntin season do we part
    watch Alison's Kitchen on "Nice Fish Pro Staff" with Gary Cooper

2. Site Sponsor

Bow Walker Guest

Thumbs up Re: Recipe Book

H€ll of an idea. I'd contribute! I'd also buy.

(never trust a skinny cook)
    Last edited by Bow Walker; 07-20-2007 at 09:34 AM.

Talking Re: Recipe Book

Super idea! A wild meat cook book by hunters is smack on imho. But how would all the planning etc. etc. be dealt with? Might this be too ambitious to accomplish without a team? Who would know how to handle this successfully. Don't want to rain on a good idea, but we'll need some feedback on this I'm sure. No doubt there are some good brains out there. My 2 cents - for what it's worth.

Re: Recipe Book

I Am In Too

Very good idea...........I think i could submit a recipie. I would also buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    Super idea! A wild meat cook book by hunters is smack on imho. But how would all the planning etc. etc. be dealt with? Might this be too ambitious to accomplish without a team? Who would know how to handle this successfully. Don't want to rain on a good idea, but we'll need some feedback on this I'm sure. No doubt there are some good brains out there. My 2 cents - for what it's worth.
    Start a thread for the recipies, compile, get donations and print. There may be some HBC members that are familiar with the printing/book making process?

okay here is my plan:

I was thinking recipes can be sent to my main email address so it is easier for me to put into categories and sub categories. I would add the person's HBC name so y'all know who donated the recipe. Then once it is all compiled have it bound and printed (if anyone is in the printing industry let me know or I can just follow up with who I know). I will then let everyone know how much the cost would be to have printed and we can determine a price for the book to sell and raise monies. And if anyone would like to volunteer services later to help with compilation would be fine with me.

Ali

Ali sounds like a hell of an idea. Just make sure our very own Executive chef Gatehouse submits a few recipes too.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound View Post
    Ali sounds like a hell of an idea. Just make sure our very own Executive chef Gatehouse submits a few recipes too.
    wooooooooooohooooooooooo does this mean I am back in ur good books Elkhound and I will hound Gatehouse until I get something from him - recipes that is sheesh I knew what y'all was thinking.

I have recieved very nice feedback regarding my idea so I will try and get the ball rolling.

Please send your favourite wild game/bird/fish recipes to my main email address which is

Ioarana@aol.com put in the subject box Recipe
    (if for some reason you have difficulties with sending to my aol address you can try ioarana@hotmail) But I prefer the aol for this as it holds way more in my inbox.

be sure to add your HBC name to it so I can give you credit for your donation or Anonymus will have written the book.

I would like to put a limit of say 5 recipes per person to begin with and if it seems the book wont be filled then I will ask for more later. If I find some duplicates or similar recipes i will notify those who submitted to see if you would like to add a different one.

Hope this complies to everyone - I am very open to any suggestions to make this successful.

Thank you so much
    Ali