Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: butcher paper

butcher paper

I am wondering where people buy large rolls of butcher paper when packaging meat at home. Growing up we always took our animals to a butcher. Last year was my first year doing it at home and found it surprisingly easy to cut up and grind at home, we put all our meat in freezers bags. This year I would like to wrap it in saran wrap then butcher paper. Any ideas would be appreciated. I live in Nanaimo if recommending specific places to get it. Thanks everyone

2. Site Sponsor

Re: butcher paper

Stuffers Supply in Langley. They will ship to you.

Save On carries it. Not sure if they have it year around.

I bought a vacuum sealer unit and used that with my deer, worked great, pretty inexpensive and it'll keep your meat better longer.

Edit : Just realized I wasn't answering your question, sorry. A restaurant supply store would be your cheapest bet, google one, I'm sure there's one close to you.

vacuum sealer some and paper wrap others.... Saran wrap might be a PITA because if you want to unwrap a semi frozen chunk of meat it will tear..
    we used to use fillet bags from the fish plant in Ukee, they were tough enough... then wrap them in paper....

Properly wrapped paper doesn't really need a plastic pack..... paper wrap done tight will last a couple years
    chryovac with a good seal 3? ish

I just bought a large roll of butcher paper at the Wholesale Club store in Victoria. (Viewfield Road)

What did it cost?

We get it from "The Grocery People"...

I buy my wrapping paper at Real Canadian Wholeslae Club. I also buy Ranco plastic bags, pound size ( 6 or 10 lbs). Have been using them for many years. Roll meat in bag the wrap. Will keep more than two years without any freezer burn and stops any leakage. Bags are sold in boxes of 100. Not possitive on cost but is about 3 cents a bag

Bought some at Costco ("Costco Size" obviously), a few years back, inexpensive, not sure if they still carry it.

As others have said, wrapped properly, meat will last two years with no freezer burn.