Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: online licences

Re: online licences

Quote Originally Posted by ajr5406 View Post
    No picture ID is required for the hunting licence portion, just your FWID (which is also on your species tags). If you carry a firearm than you obviously need to carry you PAL (which is of course, picture ID).
    Ive been told differently. For obvious reasons, photo ID confirms 'who' you are. A person could borrow someone else's FWID.... This is a logical requirement for onsight inspection from a CO.

Quote Originally Posted by ajr5406 View Post
    No picture ID is required for the hunting licence portion, just your FWID (which is also on your species tags). If you carry a firearm than you obviously need to carry you PAL (which is of course, picture ID).
    WRONG. You must carry photo ID and your FWID (or know it) on you at all times with the new licensing.

http://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/sp...sh-wildlife-id
    Last edited by LupieHunter; 04-21-2017 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by J_T View Post
    Ive been told differently. For obvious reasons, photo ID confirms 'who' you are. A person could borrow someone else's FWID.... This is a logical requirement for onsight inspection from a CO.
    I was and still am under the same impression as Jim....why need your FWID????? They can look it all up,based in your name.
    KCCO

Well since we are talking about tags I have a question ,since the tags have to be bought ahead of time and they are mailed out what happens if I'm on a trip and say I happen to be in an area that has both muledeer and whitetail ,I happen to be lucky enough to harvest both a mulie and a whitey,now before I left I only had one tag of each but decide I want to try for my second whitetail or another muledeer in a different mu while on the same trip,in the past I would just stop in at the nearest town and purchase another tag but with this online licence I would be out of luck cause the tag comes in the mail.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseye Bob View Post
    Well since we are talking about tags I have a question ,since the tags have to be bought ahead of time and they are mailed out what happens if I'm on a trip and say I happen to be in an area that has both muledeer and whitetail ,I happen to be lucky enough to harvest both a mulie and a whitey,now before I left I only had one tag of each but decide I want to try for my second whitetail or another muledeer in a different mu while on the same trip,in the past I would just stop in at the nearest town and purchase another tag but with this online licence I would be out of luck cause the tag comes in the mail.
    You can still buy tags at vendors.
    http://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/sp...nting-licences
    Last edited by LupieHunter; 04-21-2017 at 09:29 PM.

What happens when hunting with minors that have no photo ID? Are my kids breaking the law while hunting with no photo ID?

Quote Originally Posted by LupieHunter View Post
    WRONG. You must carry photo ID and your FWID (or know it) on you at all times with the new licensing.

http://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/sp...sh-wildlife-id

Oooops. My bad, I stand corrected. Apologies all!