Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Government giving Skooks Landing to natives

Question Re: Government giving Skooks Landing to natives

Anyone??
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Re: Government giving Skooks Landing to natives

The latest, however our groups need to be vigilant, what with a weak-spined, pacifist government coming in next week that is scared shitless of natives:

In a statement, the Ministry of Aboriginal Relations and Reconciliation said the council has agreed that the access road and boat launch at Skooks Landing should remain Crown land and accessible to all.

“When stakeholders noted that the proposed incremental treaty agreement parcel at Skooks Landing overlapped the road and boat launch, the Ministry of Aboriginal Relations and Reconciliation and Kaska Dena Council moved to correct that error,” a spokesman said.

“The decision was made to keep the road and boat launch under Crown ownership, and maintain public access.”

The ministry, along with the ministry of forests, lands, and natural resource operations, continue to work with the council and stakeholders and the proposed parcel, the spokesman said.

http://www.alaskahighwaynews.ca/regi...oup-1.21087115
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Thumbs up Re: Government giving Skooks Landing to natives

Whew! That's a bit of a relief alright.
    Could easily see things going sideways with our motley crew being told to eff off or pay up!

Many Thanks Pat! Appreciated!

Cheers,
    Matt
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Thanks for the update!

But........

The road and launch are great, but where will everyone park?? Cannot park on the river as we know what the river can do when it rains and so far we have had a wet summer. The road is only so wide and there will be limited spots for truck and trailers. Park on the hwy? The Gov will love that!!

Rumour is that there is some wheeling's and dealings go on to provide some parking spots for vehicles, I hope that it is announced soon!!

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

This proves that crooked Indian Chiefs can be cowed. Full offensive against them, and we'll regain our freedom! Never hesitate to bring them low.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

So far it is status quo on launching boats at Skooks Landing. We haven't been able to move forward on this since the election was called, and now that we have new Ministers in place I'm not sure what direction things will go with First Nations negotiations. MARR met with the Kaska in June to discuss our concerns, but we have not heard anything back yet. In the Peace country we have an MLA Stakeholder Committee that was created over a year ago to try and resolve issues with these land transfers - we are meeting with our new MLA next week to kick things off again. I'd strongly suggest that all other regions should have one of these committees in place and work with your MLA's, as there is land being negotiated across the province, and most of it will block access to recreational areas without stakeholder intervention.

Also - there is currently no parking lot up there, people park along the side of the access road. This is an issue due to the amount of people up there, especially during the elk season where there is over 70 boats on the river. We are pushing to get an area where we can build a parking lot to accommodate everyone.