Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Government giving Skooks Landing to natives

Re: Government giving Skooks Landing to natives

As part of the provincial Liberal governments reconciliation plan, they are creating incremental treaty agreements (ITA's) with First Nations across the province. This includes land transfer to fee simple land. Once the land is transferred, that First Nation will own the land and be able to do as they see fit with it.

If the provincial government had given away the land at Fireside as seen in that map - no one would be able to launch a boat there unless they allowed it. Noone would have been able to access the entire Kechika River watershed by boat unless they let you.

They have modified the map to remove a 30m right of way along the access road that will not be transferred and will remain crown land. Things are currently on hold due to the election.

This is only another nail in our coffin. We will soon be buying liscences and tags from them, access fees? launch Fees? to what end?? How much more can we give them? From what I've seen from past experiences, no regulations of quanities of fish or big game?? Never mind reporting numbers of game they have harvested which seems to never happen. When does this end? Eventually there will be nothing left in the golden coffer!

^^^i will never buy hunting licences and tags from them while they continue to take most of the pie...the day our government concedes that to the FN's is the day I start poaching...if their going to f&$k it up for us, we all better f#*k it up for them...

This is getting ridiculous. Why is the transfer of the province's land to "special people" not the biggest story in the news.
    Why is the part of the province that makes it a province ( the land itself ) becoming the private property of a group whose purpose is to have the province cease to exist??

I am an exasperated and infuriated. Enough apartheid. It's 2017 I don't like being a victim of systematic racism.
    ἀλήθεια

Make like a baby and head out!

If they are going to allow for the road allowance, then why not include the parking area as well? I am sure this will be happily accepted by those wanting to minimize resident hunting in the area...

Quote Originally Posted by pillpusher View Post
    If they are going to allow for the road allowance, then why not include the parking area as well? I am sure this will be happily accepted by those wanting to minimize resident hunting in the area...
    Bingo. See what happens July 27 when residents are wanting to launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Asco View Post
    This is getting ridiculous. Why is the transfer of the province's land to "special people" not the biggest story in the news.
    Why is the part of the province that makes it a province ( the land itself ) becoming the private property of a group whose purpose is to have the province cease to exist??

I am an exasperated and infuriated. Enough apartheid. It's 2017 I don't like being a victim of systematic racism.
    It's because feel-good fools who *think* they don't have a horse in the race keep voting for bike lanes in a city with 11 months of rain a year.

you made a comment about region 6 moose Caribou Lou
    Not aware what you mean.
    Is there changes in region 6

Just wanted to bump this up.
    What's the latest?
    As far as parking goes, wouldn't the high water mark be considered "the river"?
    If so, wouldn't the treatied land begin at high water mark?
    Thoughts?

Question Re: Government giving Skooks Landing to natives

I too am more than a little interested. My Grizz draw is way the hell and gone up the Kechika, and my two Alberta hunting partners are dragging sleds over to tag along. Typical of many Albertans, they are a little red around the neck. Don't really want to engage in a potentially confrontational experience without prior awareness...

Wondering...
    Nog
    Last edited by IronNoggin; 07-13-2017 at 04:15 PM.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me