Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bino Harness - Marsupial Gear

Bino Harness - Marsupial Gear

Anyone using a marsupial gear bino harness yet? Looks like its a fairly new company, but the harness itself looks pretty slick.

https://www.marsupialgear.com/

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Bino Harness - Marsupial Gear

Look decent, and decent price, but don't appear to be as weatherproof and dustproof as the Alaskan Guide Creations line. I think the harness is better on the alaskan guide creations as well, the marsupial ones look like they would have the tendency to ride up higher as the 'V' down the back is so long nothing to stop it from riding up until it hits the bottom.

Never heard of marsupial before this. I was between getting the AGC kodiak or the Mystery Ranch one, after much thought, have a MR coming from Mark at Nechako. My KUIU one was starting to drive me nuts not having the top straps attached to the case.

Quote Originally Posted by khoffnbud View Post
    Never heard of marsupial before this. I was between getting the AGC kodiak or the Mystery Ranch one, after much thought, have a MR coming from Mark at Nechako. My KUIU one was starting to drive me nuts not having the top straps attached to the case.
    that was my big complaint too...I just stitched the straps to the harness itself, a lot easier to pass binos back and forth and clean the lenses....imo having a safety tether on binos in a chest harness is like putting a safety tether on a rifle with a detachable magazine, just not needed...
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

I don't have one yet but was seriously looking at the FHF one. Now I see this one i'm not so sure.....

found a good youtube video on it https://youtu.be/8_waP1RWoqk

Pretty similar to an FHF one, a lot cheaper than FHF too. Check out the shipping cost for FHF to canada too! I like the the tether on my binos, sometimes ill leave the lid un latched on my AGC and ill bend over for some reason and my binos will almost slid out, i'd hate for them to fall out and smash a lense or something.

Magnets...

I have heard a few harnesses with magnets and they like to 'slap' closed

I'll have to see what it's like when I get home from work. Nothing worse than new gear waiting at home and you're stuck in camp.

Love my Alaska Guide Creations bino harness... keeps the glass safe.. easy to remove when in the truck.. Plus has nice pockets for things like licence, range finder, wind indicator, etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewh View Post
    Magnets...

I have heard a few harnesses with magnets and they like to 'slap' closed
    Have a badlands bino harness with magnets and find this to be true as well. you can still close them very quietly, but if you are inattentive (i.e. open case, glass up hillside while leaving case open, then make a quick movement or bump the case) then yeaah.... not great. you can't slam shut a zipper..