Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Garbage...

Garbage...

Does reporting A-holes in the bush actually result in something being done? I took a hike through Watching Creek recently and was disgusted by the garbage. Also the amount of shotgun shells and clays on the sides of the roads is ridiculous. Just pick your garbage up-don't give the anti's any more fuel. T.V. stand, pony keg target left in the bush should = PAL revoked. My 2 cents...
    Repeat post monthly...bang head against wall. Endless battle.
    Off my chest - done.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Garbage...

It's hard to report if there is no evidence, receipts with names, mail, pictures and such. It sucks, there seems to be garbage everywhere anymore, but it's up to people like us to look after it, even tho it's a pain in our arses, we have to do our part and pick up where we can. That add's good fuel to our fire imo.

I report every site I find, but yes, it does seem futile at times.

My only home is I stumble upon a dumper in the act, and get to add their flaming truck to the garbage pile.

Littering is one of the most ignorant of crimes.

It is very disappointing to see the garbage that gets left in the bush. When I used to go up into the hills behind sooke it was disturbing to see the garbage people threw out.

Old tires, busted trailers...old grow equipment and plastics plant pots.....
    Yup, it's amazing what you find out there....
    I wonder even after it is reported if anyone does anything to clean it up....let alone find the peoples responsible??

http://okanaganforesttaskforce.com/

It would be great if we could get similar groups established across the province.

These guys deserve a standing ovation for the work they are doing in the Okanagan.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

If you can catch them in the act, and get their plate number, definitely phone RAPP....

You can't often teach other people's kids how to act when nobody is watching but you can teach your own kids.

We clean up after ourselves and often pick up other people's trash. I trust my children will do the same as they begin spending time in the bush on their own and with their friends.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Put a game camera up in a tree pointing to where people shoot. Set to video mode. Record faces plates and acts. Show video to cops they'll call them and make them pick up I'd think? Plus maybe a fine but don't quote me on it

Hunters get blamed for all the mess in the bush but a lot of the garbage is from people too lazy or cheap to take it to the dump.