Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goose debreasting tool/knives

guest Guest

Goose debreasting tool/knives

Hello waterfowlers,
    in preparation for our Saskabush Goose hunt thus fall, I'm trying to find a DEBREASTING tool or knives.
    on line I have found ..... The Bird Hitch and the Goose Buster ....... That said, is there any thing any one else would recommend, or place to find such gear.

Or if your selling one, please PM me.

Thanks in advance.

CT

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Goose debreasting tool/knives

The bird hitch works great for ducks, for geese you need to have almost superhuman strength. The are really tough to pull through it.

Best of luck, was in Manitoba a couple years ago with the late Dave Marsh. Such an amazing number of birds, it is almost surreal.

guest Guest

Quote Originally Posted by curly top View Post
    Hello waterfowlers,
    in preparation for our Saskabush Goose hunt thus fall, I'm trying to find a DEBREASTING tool or knives.
    on line I have found ..... The Bird Hitch and the Goose Buster ....... That said, is there any thing any one else would recommend, or place to find such gear.

Or if your selling one, please PM me.

Thanks in advance.

CT
    As said found them on line, Waterfowl Junkies Bird Hitch..... but no body has them in stock. All out of stock. Wondering if it's a patent issue as even the manufacturer is out.
    Can Tire is suppose to have them but..... Nope.... Out of stock.

I was looking for them a couple years ago and the same thing. Couldn't find them anywhere. I was going to make one myself but lost the plot.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

guest Guest

Looks like we're going with the Wild Wing Slinger, more availability and better on the larger birds like honkers. So if it does the honkers well, it's like butter with the snows and specs .......

I've been using a Grohmann #2 for years now, usually it's what I've got handy.

guest Guest

Have at ER with your knife when doing dozens and dozens ....... Don't forget, get them big legs and thighs too.

Have at ER with your knife when doing dozens and dozens ....... Don't forget, get them big legs and thighs too.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but will you not still have to use a knife for the legs and thighs? K

guest Guest

Yup thighs and legs on the biggies, if you've used these others though like the Wild Wing Slinger and the Bird Hitch, when your doing dozens and dozens they are Huge help.

For example, Saskatchewan Snow fall limit, 30 per day ..... NO possession limit, so stay a month, bring home 900 Whites WOW, each ..... X 4 guys ....... ,!!!!! now do that with a knife ....... Not!

Glad I finally found one. They are a life saver for sure.

Yup thighs and legs on the biggies, if you've used these others though like the Wild Wing Slinger and the Bird Hitch, when your doing dozens and dozens they are Huge help.

For example, Saskatchewan Snow fall limit, 30 per day ..... NO possession limit, so stay a month, bring home 900 Whites WOW, each ..... X 4 guys ....... ,!!!!! now do that with a knife ....... Not!

Glad I finally found one. They are a life saver for sure.
    I know there's great Hunting, lots of birds. None the less the easiest part of getting 3600 birds is the cleanup. Good luck with that part, to be sure!

Maybe I'll try one of these sometime, they look fun. A sharp knife's hard to beat if you're used to it.