Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Germansen landing and MU 7-38 help

Re: Germansen landing and MU 7-38 help

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua13 View Post
    well i guess tenting wouldn't be completely off the table i mean it sucks cause its cold and then i need some sort of table and stuff as well(box of truck i guess) i just haven't tent camped in a long time I'm used to being cozy hehehe. id much rather be in even a tiny cabin.

I am am hoping that there is some snow on the ground but not too much. thought it would be easier to track before all the snow left. (for the record not only is this my first time up that far north it is also my first time hunting grizz.)
    That's awesome, you'll have a heck of an adventure guaranteed. You'll have snow for sure, bring some snowshoes and hike into valleys that have drifts across them. Some of the best grizz country I've seen in the area is up in elevation and will be snowed in for a while, but big old bears will be up and moving for sure.

I hope you can get into the country you want or it could be frustrating. If I was planning a trip there,. May 8-10th would be as early as I'd go as you can have great hunting right up till into June in that zone.

I think your WAY to early for that Area but maybe give it a try - Good LUCK Hope you Blast a G Bear ! RJ

well i guess tenting wouldn't be completely off the table i mean it sucks cause its cold and then i need some sort of table and stuff as well(box of truck i guess) i just haven't tent camped in a long time I'm used to being cozy hehehe. id much rather be in even a tiny cabin.

I am am hoping that there is some snow on the ground but not too much. thought it would be easier to track before all the snow left. (for the record not only is this my first time up that far north it is also my first time hunting grizz.)
    I would listen to Rackmastr advice and suggestions. Has always served me well!

As for your camp, so you know anyone with a wall tent?
    KCCO

yea i realize i am slightly early but the guy i am hunting with is busy through mid may and another guy at my work booked time off after may long so this was kind of the only real time it would work. I may be able to get a few days off right at end of season but its doubtful.

yea i realize i am slightly early but the guy i am hunting with is busy through mid may and another guy at my work booked time off after may long so this was kind of the only real time it would work. I may be able to get a few days off right at end of season but its doubtful.
    Then give it hell! Good on you for going and making a trip happen even if timing isnt perfect. If it's all you can make work, then give it hell and good luck man!

Too many guys get these draws and they are just a bit too overwhelmed to even make the trek or try. Then they complain about how hard it is to draw a grizz tag.

You'll have an adventure, report back when you get home and hopefully you have a good time.

Oh yes we are definitely heading up. There is very little that stop me from adventure.and I'll be sure to keep you guys in the loop. It will most likely be a thread on: ok I got the hide now who do I bring it too?? I'm hoping at least!

Ru bringing enough supplies to look after your hide ,don't want it to spoil. Good luck. As said before it may be a bit early for the perfect timing but there will be some bears out. And you will definitely get nothing if you don't go..

Oh yes we are definitely heading up. There is very little that stop me from adventure.and I'll be sure to keep you guys in the loop. It will most likely be a thread on: ok I got the hide now who do I bring it too?? I'm hoping at least!
    Watch a few videos online of how to split and salt a bear hide, unless you plan on skinning it and then getting it nice and cold (lay it out overnight and hope it frosts up) and then drive straight home and get it to a freezer, etc. Spending the time to remove head/paws and then split everything and salt can be valuable, especially if you have another tag or cant get out immediately. At least having the knowledge will help make you more confident if you have to do it. If you cant, keep it cold and make sure all the heat gets out of it (dont roll it up warm) and get it home quickly.

I have property in Manson Creek, last week there was still a lot of snow so dont plan on venturing to far off the main road unless you bring snow shoes, the Finlay FSR, and Manson road are in terrible terrible shape right now, I would reccomend a SPOT or Inreach, spare tires and take your time going in. Germanson landing is closed for the most part now, I dont even remember the last time I seen someone there, there is a new general store in Manson and you can buy gas there.

WHAT you are going to shoot a cuddly grizzly bear, shame on you