Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hogs in Hawaii

Hogs in Hawaii

Hogs with dogs the only way to hunt hogs in my opinion. It takes some balls to wade in and grab a hog flip him and stick him. Up close and personal.
    this is the second time I have done this, on in Florida and once now on the Big Island.I booked a one day hunt with Nahele Outfitters, Mike hooked me up with his dog guides. Both Brad and Garon were fun to hunt with. Mike does provide different species to hunt as well for a pretty good price.
    One two or three day hunts make it affordable for most anyone travelling to the island.
    We caught three hogs that day, I stuck the last one as it was a good old boar with awesome cutters.

Julie and I took a couple days to go fishing with High Noon Sportsfishing and Captain Jah. This boat was recommended by Nahele as the go to boat in the habour.
    We did well landing a great Ono, two spearfish and a 225# Blue Marlin. this is big game fishing much like hunting you may need more than one day to hook up. I would say these boys love their jobs which makes it fun for the clients.

Feel free to contact me if you want more info about this trip.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Hogs in Hawaii

Looks awesome leaving for the big island on the25th for 3 weeks .this has really got me thinking. Looks like the hilo side for the hogs. What was the price for the day,could you keep any meat. Are licenses hard to get

Looks like a great vacation!!

Have experienced the hog/dog/knife thing once but I
    just ran the camera. Got some great footage but can't post it due to friendly death threats! Lol.
    Cool experience none the less.

Thanks for posting up.

SSS
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

guest Guest

Nice, great share.

PIPERDOWN on here has done those piggy hunts a few times there, said its a gas!

Quote Originally Posted by northernbc View Post
    Looks awesome leaving for the big island on the25th for 3 weeks .this has really got me thinking. Looks like the hilo side for the hogs. What was the price for the day,could you keep any meat. Are licenses hard to get
    I got picked up at the hotel in Kona. it was $900 for the day. License is bought on line, just have to have proof of hunting education certificate. You can keep the meat if you want. The boar I killed had a big rotten hole in him so we left the all but the head for the rest of the hogs.
    Mike can hook you up with Mouflon and feral sheep, Vancouver bulls and wild goat. Short hunts but affordable for most anyone.

Definitetly look up High Noon for a day or two of fishing. $900 for 8 hours is cheap. Bring your own food on both.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Sheep Steve View Post
    Looks like a great vacation!!

Have experienced the hog/dog/knife thing once but I
    just ran the camera. Got some great footage but can't post it due to friendly death threats! Lol.
    Cool experience none the less.

Thanks for posting up.

SSS
    Next time talk the guides into letting you grab the hogs, it is quite intense

Just on my last day in Oahu, that seems like a great price for the fishing, as for the hogs something to consider next time! Looks like you had a blast, thanks for sharing.
    KCCO

now that's some spring bear hunting, great pictures. good on you for getting in there, I bet there was some good adrenalin out there.

Looks like a lot of fun.

Looks like a blast!

In the Caribbean the Ono are called Wahoo. Awesome to see them strike... looks like a torpedo coming for the bait.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?