Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6 point bull elk question

6 point bull elk question

Six point bull by definition is that 6 tines on each side (6x6) or 6 on any side regardless of the other? Any info appreciated thanks. SS

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 6 point bull elk question

It must have at least six or more points on one side regardless of what the other side looks like. I.e. 6x spike is a shooter. Familiarize yourself with the definition of a "point".

The hunting regs have good pictures in the front section on this subject. Same for deer antlers, sheep horns, etc..

Oh that's right I know exactly what you mean. That just sparked my memory. Thanks Taylor.

What they said...the hunting regs and a thorough understanding of the definitions section is your friend my friend

Just be sure and careful....Elk like to "bust off" tines, and quite often right at or near the main beam.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    Just be sure and careful....Elk like to "bust off" tines, and quite often right at or near the main beam.
    i

So what does that mean Bugle,does a broken tine still count as a point? Just looking for some clarity.

As long as it still meets the definition of a tine as stated in the regs. As stated in a post above familiarize yourself with the definitions of antler configuration and definition of a tine. Good luck in your adventures
    bugle em up! knock em down

Thinking of heading to region 7 in august as elk caribou moose and blackies are open at the same time for gos. I'd be happy to come back with any

Quote Originally Posted by snipersights View Post
    Six point bull by definition is that 6 tines on each side (6x6) or 6 on any side regardless of the other? Any info appreciated thanks. SS
    Just don't confuse that definition with the spike bull elk definition. While it's legal to shoot a 1x6 elk in 6 point season, it's not legal to shoot a 1x6 elk in a spike elk season.

Spikes are 1x1, six points are 6xwhatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !