Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: success on gobbler

Re: success on gobbler

Hells ya that's awesome,can't wait to put something down with my traditional..

Nice one man. I wish they would move into region 3.

Good going! Nice tom!

Thanks for making the effort to post pics, it takes it from interesting to impressive.

Great work!
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Nicely done!

We just returned from 4 days in the Kootenays…….

Unsuccessful, very few even seen but certainly whetted the appetite to go back next year to, prepared better and really try for one.

Thanks for posting the pic properly fellow hunters. The meat is just the same taste as a domestic turkey to me but leaner. The legs are dark meat and full of tendons but i use that meat for soup. I use bacon on the bird to keep it moist while cooking it.
    Yes BC is tougher as the numbers are not like down south but they are around..Marc there are some in the east kootenays for sure but locating then takes time..Last year I found a few gobblers on the 4th day and hunted them on that that and the 5th before i went home but no luck there . I called two into about 60 yards but they held up there..I think they may have seen me move or saw my bear spray can (red) on my hip. I was wearing leafy camo against a tree and can only guess that's what stopped them. I am going out soon here but want to try my blackpowder shotgun...I bow hunt 99 percent of the time but enjoy blackpowder and hunted big game with a ruger #1 about three years ago with one of my long time friends who rifle hunts .
    I will let you know how it goes. I have heard there are turkeys near Beaverdell and am going to scout it out and try a day or two there. I have also seen them near Grand forks but the numbers are not high. Some say Creston is also a good area but I have only checked that area for 1/2 a day last year and wanted to hunt public land.
    Next year I want to try with a selfbow to start. Last year I took a turkey with a recurve...He was maybe 5 yards and strutting..what a rush that was..

Thanks for the pic again greybark and tomahawk. Good luck to all turkey hunters