Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trail cam photo from July 2016

Re: Trail cam photo from July 2016

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle View Post
    very cool photo ....good to hear that mama moose there, did her job to get junior big enough to hold off the wolves himself... is that lake very deep?was that the only photo of them or did they use the lake to shake the wolf????
    I agree. This most likely isn't her first go around with wolves. I'm thinking She must be an old Cow, look how long her head is!

I have 3 photos. The first the calf was behind the small pine and the last pic the cow was half out of the screen heading into the water. I'm guessing the wolf lost them once they were in the water. It's a corner of a lake so they may have swam for a while and I'm sure they can swim much faster than the wolf.

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    This pic and your explanation that the calf made it, is why I'm against the hunting of cows and calves. We need strong clever mothers to survive and teach their calves how to do the same, it's all in the genes.
    I agree. Looking forward to getting some more pictures of her this year. Hope she survived the winter. And the calf also. It was a bull calf.

^^^^lol well hopefully that'll be a nice little spike forker for ya! Very cool pic btw....

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    ^^^^lol well hopefully that'll be a nice little spike forker for ya! Very cool pic btw....
    That's ok we know his mom is and experienced cow & knows how to make more and protect them into adulthood

I am sure there was twins not long before that. Preds almost always get one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Husky7mm View Post
    I am sure there was twins not long before that. Preds almost always get one of them.
    That's why they have two

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    That's ok we know his mom is and experienced cow & knows how to make more and protect them into adulthood
    I had 6 bulls on this same cam last year. Four were 2 points. So I'm interested to see if they hang around as paddle bulls or more small bulls move in. I'm sure he will be around. Look at that spot. Moose paradise!

Quote Originally Posted by Husky7mm View Post
    Your right, most do have two. I had only one bear on this cam. I think bears are harder on calves than wolves are. So I was happy to not have a lot of bears show up!

Cool pic to catch on the trail cam!