Thread: Wilderness wanderer dog packs

Wilderness wanderer dog packs

Hey fellas, how many of you are running the wilderness wanderer dog packs? I used a palisades by ruffwear last season on my dog, it worked great, but she's outgrown the medeuim pack, and now I'm looking for a large. Im juggling the two in my mind, the palisades in large or a WW pack. We do a lot of bush hikes, so the sleek of the palisades is nice, but the room in the WW is looking appealing also. I wonder if it hangs up a lot tho in the thicker brush?

From the photos iv seen, the WW looks huge, my dog is roughly 70-75lbs, has anyone with the same size'ish dog that runs a WW pack, found that the pack was to long, and rubbed on the dogs back legs? Iv never had one in my hand, but in photos, they looks excessively big.

If your running a WW dog pack, I'd like to hear your thoughts, what size pack did you go with? How big your dog is? Any issue with rubbing, behind the armpits, or on the front of the back legs?

Thanks in advance!!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Wilderness wanderer dog packs

Never had an issue with mine and used it on several dogs now. My dogs are probably in 70-80 range but lanky not short and fat.the bags on ww are big you could overload them for sure need common sense is all. I thought the ww was unnecessary complicated with removable bags never seen use of that option but others might value it.
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)