Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Banff wolf shot.....

Re: Banff wolf shot.....

Quote Originally Posted by RiverOtter View Post
    Here's hoping mange gets the last 2......
    Parvo will work as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dellis View Post
    There's still 2 left alive??

Darcy
    LOL, absolutely. LOL Not to make too much fun of this but it really demonstrates what hunting and hunters are up against. It's no longer a rational debate about how to properly manage wildlife.......it's become an irrational debate based on emotion led by virtue signalling douce bags who wish to either promote and sell their wildlife videos or tickets to the next grizzly tour.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    These people always go on about how it's "legal" to shoot lactating mother wolves in their dens and bears in their dens and all this nonsense. Some of it may be "legal" but who actually does it? Nobody. Nobody looks for wolf dens to shoot mothers with pups as they sleep. Mismanaged the wolf hunt? We have wolves all over the place. These people always use imflammatory rhetoric to incite the ignorant.
    Unbelievable how stupid the majority of sheeple are eh...

Quote Originally Posted by Whonnock Boy View Post
    I think this story speaks volumes to the troubles that we have with wildlife management here in BC. They had 9 wolves at the beginning of the year. Two were killed for exhibiting improper behavior around humans, 4 pups were killed in two separate in incidents with trains, and ONE was killed by a hunter. Does anyone else see the problem here???
    I was thinking this exact same thing.... 1/7 die from hunting... Therefore hunting is the problem... And they even say it in the same damn article..... So stupid. How about we ban the train since it cost more wolf lives then the hunter huh?
    ~Wes

Quote Originally Posted by Whonnock Boy View Post
    I think this story speaks volumes to the troubles that we have with wildlife management here in BC. They had 9 wolves at the beginning of the year. Two were killed for exhibiting improper behavior around humans, 4 pups were killed in two separate in incidents with trains, and ONE was killed by a hunter. Does anyone else see the problem here???
    Yes , it shows that humans were some how responsable for the death of them all. That can be carried over to other species of wildlife as well, the biggest cause of death or declining numbers of wildlife is human related.

Quote Originally Posted by LBM View Post
    Yes , it shows that humans were some how responsable for the death of them all. That can be carried over to other species of wildlife as well, the biggest cause of death or declining numbers of wildlife is human related.
    What you say is true, but may want to rethink when it comes to wolves and ungulates? Very few people hunt/shoot wolves. I have hunted 40yrs and frequently used to throw a gun in my truck even when working in case I saw wolves. Despite that I have yet to connect........have come close several times but did not quite workout for one reason or another. I bet we as hunters would be amazed at how few of us have ever shot a wolf. Wolves are killing machines, their very survival depends on it. Wolves have a far greater success rate on moose, deer, elk, caribou than I do. I am able to hunt yearly for a short window of time when I'm not working, and with a bag limit and additional species/gender restrictions and antler/point restrictions. Although I won't often admit it, I frequently end the season with an uncut species tags. Wolves not so much!! They are fortunate to be able to get unlimited group hunt opportunities here in BC all year long......and they get to keep hunting until successful. They hunt indiscriminately taking either sex, young and old, strong and weak and when they kill it is anything but humane. They are killing machines.....their very survival depends on it. They just keep killing and killing and killing 360 days a year...... and breeding......because that is what they do!!

Yes humans impact wildlife in many ways, both direct and indirect. This includes wolves. We have contributed to the ease of dispersal of wolves with all our development (roads, rail, pipelines, seismic, reduction of escape cover, etc) which in turn has benefited the wolves for hunting and allowed them to proliferate to the detriment of the ungulates. Now the ungulates need some help to restore the balance.

Good to see that non-resident wolf apprehended!!
    …..better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

These people always go on about how it's "legal" to shoot lactating mother wolves in their dens and bears in their dens and all this nonsense. Some of it may be "legal" but who actually does it? Nobody. Nobody looks for wolf dens to shoot mothers with pups as they sleep. Mismanaged the wolf hunt? We have wolves all over the place. These people always use imflammatory rhetoric to incite the ignorant.
    These myths often go unchallenged and this is how antis gain support from those who are not educated about true hunting practices

The level of effort put into reaching the public by antis vs the often silent hunter is how we loose ground. Many people will believe a lie if they don't hear anyone dispute it because it is the only info they have heard on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    These myths often go unchallenged and this is how antis gain support from those who are not educated about true hunting practices

The level of effort put into reaching the public by antis vs the often silent hunter is how we loose ground. Many people will believe a lie if they don't hear anyone dispute it because it is the only info they have heard on the subject.
    This was a bit different than shooting a lactating bitch wolf but an old form of wolf control practiced in the past by northern BC FN's was known as pupping.
    This is where the den site was located and the pups killed.
    The alpha female and male were left to maintain and hold their territory.
    By what we know today that would pretty much be perfect wolf control.