Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: George Heyman NDP Candidate "Knocking at my Door"

Re: George Heyman NDP Candidate "Knocking at my Door"

The wildlife funding issue has its twists and curves.

The Liberals have committed to the funding model we've been asking for, which is an independent entity like Freshwater Fisheries funded by our licence and tag money.

The NDP has talked about putting the licence and tag money toward wildlife, but nowhere have I seen them commit to the independent agency. The NDP hates independent agencies, and loves bloated unionized bureaucracies within government. My fear is our money will stay within government's clutches, result in a bloated bureaucracy, get wasted on endless "studies" to avoid offending anyone, and thus still be dictated by politics instead of wildlife science.

I expect the NDP are rubbing their hands together at the prospect of getting our millions to fund a fat bureaucracy, where they still call the shots and keep their union owners happy with more union bloat. No thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Quote Originally Posted by tuner View Post
    When he says he's from "the environment side of the NDP party" he means he opposes any and all economic developments related to natural resources extraction, it's a round about way of saying I'm philosophically aligned
    with David Suzuki, Sierra Club, and the raincoast foundation.
    He said he was pro refinery so your statement is BS.

Why can't the NDP evolve? Why can't we look to the only other party to do things a bit differently but not expect drastic changes? I completely agree that a smart NDP would be against more oil tankers off our coast which would win them a lot of votes in the LML, but they should, could and maybe just will suggest an alternative. Scrap the 9B site C debacle that isn't needed, and take that cash and dump it into the construction of an oil refinery. Its a win win win, no tankers, jobs and pro industry.

As for the grizzly hunt, it really does sound like the NDP will kill it for the GOABC but make meat removal mandatory for residents. Im not opposed to that. Its time we dumped the fiberals if and only maybe because they have been there too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post
    The wildlife funding issue has its twists and curves.

The Liberals have committed to the funding model we've been asking for, which is an independent entity like Freshwater Fisheries funded by our licence and tag money.

The NDP has talked about putting the licence and tag money toward wildlife, but nowhere have I seen them commit to the independent agency. The NDP hates independent agencies, and loves bloated unionized bureaucracies within government. My fear is our money will stay within government's clutches, result in a bloated bureaucracy, get wasted on endless "studies" to avoid offending anyone, and thus still be dictated by politics instead of wildlife science.

I expect the NDP are rubbing their hands together at the prospect of getting our millions to fund a fat bureaucracy, where they still call the shots and keep their union owners happy with more union bloat. No thanks.
    Our millions...come on back to reality now would you. In the big bucket of things, our millions are mere pennies or half pennies. The liberals have committed to what now? Letting our moose populations plummet due to big industry desires, lack of funding for proper management aka surveys. Wake up man, the liberals are why we have decreased populations, decreased quota and decreased opportunity in this province. I get it that you are super anti NDP but the liberals are a joke if you are a hunter.
    Last edited by Darksith; 04-13-2017 at 10:12 PM.
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darksith View Post
    Our millions...come on back to reality now would you.

Is $10 million a year millions?
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks

I would of figured you would have learned a couple of lessons by now, after all every election you spout off about the virtues of the NDP, lose in the most humiliating fashion and then quietly saunter off with your tail between your legs like beaten dog. So how many of these oil refineries are the NDP planning on building, i would figured if they were profitable, there would plenty of them around, oil companies after all,are in the business of making money, I don't think they need any business lessons from the NDP. Perhaps the oil could be transported here by mule, that's an eco friendly transport method. Yeah great ideas there Sith,I'm surprised your not an NDP candidate yourself, you come across as just what their looking for in a finance minister.

Quote Originally Posted by tuner View Post
    I would of figured you would have learned a couple of lessons by now, after all every election you spout off about the virtues of the NDP, lose in the most humiliating fashion and then quietly saunter off with your tail between your legs like beaten dog. So how many of these oil refineries are the NDP planning on building, i would figured if they were profitable, there would plenty of them around, oil companies after all,are in the business of making money, I don't think they need any business lessons from the NDP. Perhaps the oil could be transported here by mule, that's an eco friendly transport method. Yeah great ideas there Sith,I'm surprised your not an NDP candidate yourself, you come across as just what their looking for in a finance minister.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. He'd vote for Charles Manson if he were the NDP candidate in his riding.

When efficient private enterprise builds a refinery, the capital investment generally takes some 25 years to recoup when operating at capacity.

Can you imagine an NDP refinery's payback period?

Horgan's refinery ideas fit well with his promised Leap Manifesto implementation in BC. Nationalisation of the means of production, Comrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksith View Post
    As for the grizzly hunt, it really does sound like the NDP will kill it for the GOABC but make meat removal mandatory for residents. Im not opposed to that. Its time we dumped the fiberals if and only maybe because they have been there too long.
    Someone else needs to come back to reality. The NDP will end the grizz hunt. Yep, they'll end it for GOABC and they'll make it a 'meat-only' hunt for residents. Words like 'sustenance hunters' has been thrown around and statements made about turning in hides/skulls. Essentially, by any other words, it will shut down the grizzly hunt as there aren't many that will hunt for grizz and find it acceptable to turn in a skull/hide for destruction.

I get it if you hate the Liberals, but to spin this issue any other way is laughable at best. Its time NDP supporters just accept this as part of their reality (which is fine if that's what you're ok with).
    Last edited by Rackmastr; 04-13-2017 at 11:11 PM.

If the "big one" ever strikes...oil refineries will be a big commodity after the ones down in Oregon sink into the sand!
    Sure would be nice to have a few here...maybe like Kamloops etc.
    No more excuses that our gas cost so much because we import it from south of the line.
    Sell off our raw timber overseas, and now ship raw oil overseas.....??
    Seems like a few more jobs could be had here, and we would all benefit...
    Probably benefit from that more than from LNG.....

Anyways, I may reply to his email...and my thoughts and opinions on the Gbear issue....
    But....towing the party line is what I fear the most....as I know many want to ban Gbear hunting outright,
    regardless if you pack it all out or not.
    I will say I don't think he "lied to me" at the door....not like I was completely expecting anyways.

Good chance for residents to punish this Government for its arrogance and lack of integrity. A vote for libs is a vote for the status quo no change and they will continue tp prop up a broken Guide outfitter model on the backs of BC residents.You guys sure the Liberals are the right party to protect resident hunter opportunity i'm not.
    http://cfjctoday.com/article/557798/former-government-employees-speaks-about

Oh and this http://
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess

The one thing...if I remember correctly.. was back in the day (early 90's), it was the NDP who put forth more money for CO's.

I wouldn't put to much stock in refineries. While I would welcome one there is a reason why Alberta isn't in the process of building them.