Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: George Heyman NDP Candidate "Knocking at my Door"

Re: George Heyman NDP Candidate "Knocking at my Door"

Quote Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post
    Clipped from an article.....

Heyman said that under an NDP government, the few people who say they hunt grizzlies for food will be eligible to get a hunting tag, but will be subject to regulations to ensure it is not an excuse for a trophy hunt.

That could mean surrendering the trophy parts of the animal or some other mechanism.

“We are not planning to leave loopholes in the banning of the trophy hunt. We are serious and we will put regulations in place to make it happen,” Heyman said.
    "We will ensure that a food hunt is not used as a surrogate for the trophy hunt and we are serious about letting the bear viewing industry succeed and thrive.”

Why not a "inspection"??? just like sheep??

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    NOT at all!!
    That's each on of yours own choices.

Has nothing to do with who is voting for who and a hunters consensus....OMG.

Just asking if people knew if this guy was being honest at the door...or if he is BS'ing.
    Omg? Think about it? Who will stand up for hunters rights? The party where 1% are hunters to make the policies or the party with 100% hunter membership to make policies. OMG it's not had to figure out a politician is a politician and will toe the party line.

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post
    “From our perspective, we understand that majority of British Columbians simply don’t want this to continue,” Heyman said. “And we also know that there is a very healthy grizzly bear viewing economy in British Columbia, and the killing of grizzly bears is incompatible with the viewing of grizzly bears.”

That should be enough for you to decide if he's full of BS when he spoke with you.

To me...it sounded like he was against the killing "just for the skull and hide".....and he was straight up on that.
    Just wasn't sure if he would someday down the road then be against...say sheep hunting???

But after posting the OP, I ran into him outside....
    And he supports hunting and enjoys wild game meat.
    So, atleast he wasn't afraid to tell me that he were he stood (grizz).
    But, that is only one guy in the party...but 1 of only a few I can vote for here

I know some on this site are more in the loop with what BC Politicians are saying etc....so I just wanted some feedback
    on him.
    Who knows...maybe the liberal candidate will show up??? or maybe they are against hunting...who the hell knows these days

Why not a "inspection"??? just like sheep??
    Because that's trophy hunting in the eyes of the NDP. He doesn't want you keeping it. Period. What's next up after the grizz?

Edit to clarify: Thats HIS position, and it seems like its a mix of several other politicians who cant seem to get it straight what they think "trophy hunting" is. They just know that sexy words like that work around election time and ensure they use them whenever they can, even if they cant get their answers straight. Heyman is VERY clear though from the statements he made.
    Last edited by Rackmastr; 04-13-2017 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post
    Because that's trophy hunting in the eyes of the NDP. He doesn't want you keeping it. Period. What's next up after the grizz?
    Agree slippery slope with that kind of thinking to end trophy hunting

Leaves all sorts of restrictions to be put into place regarding non edible portions of all species

Quote Originally Posted by Norwestalta View Post
    Omg? Think about it? Who will stand up for hunters rights? The party where 1% are hunters to make the policies or the party with 100% hunter membership to make policies. OMG it's not had to figure out a politician is a politician and will toe the party line.
    No need voting then I suppose.
    Agree, they have to tow the party line....the biggest issue I have with voting and politics.
    Like the states...you can pick a person...but you a picking either a democrat or a republican....
    NOT THE PERSON!......
    In other words....The Party Line....sad...

So...lets see...when it comes to "hunting issues in BC" and the upcoming election.

We can pick the Libs, but, their party line is to take from Resident Hunters and give hunting to the GOABC (behind close doors)
    or
    NDP, and lose "trophy grizz hunting", and possibly other hunting in the future....party line...
    or
    Green...ah ya....forget them....
    so....
    Hunting opportunities will dwindle regardless....
    Wildlife will decline even more (etc face it...libs have been in for a long time now...and look whats happening)
    So....
    Hey...just sit it out....or????
    Not much good for us hunters for the future is there.

No need voting then I suppose.
    Agree, they have to tow the party line....the biggest issue I have with voting and politics.
    Like the states...you can pick a person...but you a picking either a democrat or a republican....
    NOT THE PERSON!......
    In other words....The Party Line....sad...
    It is sad. There is no doubt. It's the shits when there is no one to vote for. I pick the best of the worst. Lol. IMO it is important to vote. Wouldn't hurt my feelings if there were no parties and everyone sat as a independent and represented their ridings rather then the party line.

Quote Originally Posted by Norwestalta View Post
    It is sad. There is no doubt. It's the shits when there is no one to vote for. I pick the best of the worst. Lol. IMO it is important to vote. Wouldn't hurt my feelings if there were no parties and everyone sat as a independent and represented their ridings rather then the party line.
    Bingo....I want to vote the person...not the party....
    That is the biggest reform that is needed in politics.

George Heyman,,well....I think he was honest.
    He doesn't want to see any animal just killed for horns, hide or skull.....
    I think he is "not" opposed to Grizz hunting....as long as it is used for food as well.
    I think he gets that we need CO's, and is not opposed to predator control.
    Which to me ...falls into my own line of thinking personally.
    BUT....
    It's not just him I would have to vote for...it's the party...and the "PARTY LINE"...

If this is how politics will always stay...then we need to set up a "lobbyist group" (resident hunters of BC)!!!
    Cause that is the only way we are going to preserve our rights/traditions for the future......if not....
    it's only going to get worse and to a point where all parties are towing the line against hunting...

So...lets see...when it comes to "hunting issues in BC" and the upcoming election.

We can pick the Libs, but, their party line is to take from Resident Hunters and give hunting to the GOABC (behind close doors)
    or
    NDP, and lose "trophy grizz hunting", and possibly other hunting in the future....party line...
    or
    Green...ah ya....forget them....
    so....
    Hunting opportunities will dwindle regardless....
    Wildlife will decline even more (etc face it...libs have been in for a long time now...and look whats happening)
    So....
    Hey...just sit it out....or????
    Not much good for us hunters for the future is there.
    Basicly we are F ed in one way or another no matter who we vote for

I will vote Lib so I can afford to go hunting and we are less likely to loose hunts. Are they the best people for the job hell no but the other options are worse

Hunting wise at least the Libs are talking about improving management and funding