Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: George Heyman NDP Candidate "Knocking at my Door"

George Heyman NDP Candidate "Knocking at my Door"

So, just had George Heyman of the NDP here.
    Obviously, he asked what my concerns were, and which way I may be voting etc.

Told him a big concern is what we have been talking about on this forum over the past few years.
    He said that he was on the Enviroment side of the NDP party (I guess that means he would be a
    potential "environment minister" pick if the NDP won???)

Anyways, he said he would want all money from hunting licenses to go back into the environment etc.
    He said he was "NOT" against "wolf culls", although that may not make him well liked by many voters, which we could all understand if we were trying to be elected.
    Also said that they would like to give us, the resident hunters, back the allocations that we lost to the
    GOABC.

That the only thing they (NDP) didn't support was "trophy grizz hunting", but that they do support
    "hunting for food".
    Honestly, I never really was for killing something unless you "packed it out".
    (meaning, a bear just for the rug, has never really interested me, unless, it was to manage a predator control issue in areas where it is needed)

So...what to think....am I being "bullshitted"???
    Sounds like he knew some stuff and the issues......(although he had "no knowledge" of this hunting forum.....which makes me wonder "how much of a voice do BC Resident Hunters have??)

Oh, one last thing, he said he would support a "Oil Refinery" here in the province.
    Something I personally think we need in BC (actually in a few places), rather then shipping it "Raw".

So...thoughts???....let it rip!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: George Heyman NDP Candidate "Knocking at my Door"

Well he may have some integrity unlike the current bunch who have neither honor or integrity.At the very least you kick him out in 4 years if he is bullshitting.
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess

When he says he's from "the environment side of the NDP party" he means he opposes any and all economic developments related to natural resources extraction, it's a round about way of saying I'm philosophically aligned
    with David Suzuki, Sierra Club, and the raincoast foundation.

Are you okay with shooting a grizz and having to leave the hide, skull, etc in the bush and only take the meat???

This is Heymans vision and sure seems like the NDP can't get their heads on straight when it comes to exactly what they want to shut down the "trophy" hunt. Next is wolves? Sheep? Elk? We just leave everything in the bush except the meat?

Just look into how good the NDP has been for the economy in the past in any prov they have been in
    power if you need a present example look at Alberta

FYI- John Horgan knows this site exists. And no offense but didn't the Alberta NDP inherit a bankrupt province when they were elected?
    " We must strive to touch the land gently and care for it as true stewards, that those who follow us and assess our record may see that our mark on the land was one of respect and love, not cruelty and disdain."

Robert B. Oetting

Proud BC Resident Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Island Idiots View Post
    FYI- John Horgan knows this site exists. And no offense but didn't the Alberta NDP inherit a bankrupt province when they were elected?
    He sure isn't doing a good job of addressing his various party lines and seems to be playing both sides whichever suits him better that day. If he knows the site exists (of course he would lol) he sure doesn't seem to care to clarify the statements made amongst his own party....

OKay....
    spoke with him briefly again.
    He was actually a logger in BC.
    Born in Vancouver, lived in Terrace, then moved back down to Vancouver.
    He does not hut himself, but has friends who do....and he enjoys eating "wild game".
    So, he is saying to me that he supports hunting.

As for "environmental side".....what I meant is....

He is geared towards the environmental aspects of the NDP Party...if I understand him correct.
    Meaning, he is not a "greenpeacer" type...against hunters etc.

He actually would like to see more money for CO's as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post
    Are you okay with shooting a grizz and having to leave the hide, skull, etc in the bush and only take the meat???

This is Heymans vision and sure seems like the NDP can't get their heads on straight when it comes to exactly what they want to shut down the "trophy" hunt. Next is wolves? Sheep? Elk? We just leave everything in the bush except the meat?
    IT's just like being on a "strata council" I suppose.
    You have 1 opinion like this, and 1 opinion like that.
    All I know is his opinion seems to be that he is for hunting...not against it.
    But another in the party might be completely against hunting...
    Guess that happens in every political party.
    I can only vote for the ones in my area...and I will vote who I agree with the most, or is closest inline to my beliefs.

Nothing wrong with bringing hide and skull IMO.
    I bring the rack out too on an Elk.
    To me, that part is the "photograph of the memory and experience" when I pursued something and obtained success.

Quote Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post
    He sure isn't doing a good job of addressing his various party lines and seems to be playing both sides whichever suits him better that day. If he knows the site exists (of course he would lol) he sure doesn't seem to care to clarify the statements made amongst his own party....
    I told Heyman about the site...who knows....maybe someone/s from the political parties may "chime in"....or not....