Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: George Heyman NDP Candidate "Knocking at my Door"

Re: George Heyman NDP Candidate "Knocking at my Door"

Quote Originally Posted by Island Idiots View Post
    FYI- John Horgan knows this site exists. And no offense but didn't the Alberta NDP inherit a bankrupt province when they were elected?
    Boom and bust oil cycle is nothing new. The issue with NDP in Alberta was kicking residents well they were down with taxes raising the cost of living during lean times. Did a good job pushing companies out as well

basicly they have milked $ out everyone and done nothing to create jobs

I know lots of people in Alberta and they are not happy lol

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Just look into how good the NDP has been for the economy in the past in any prov they have been in
    power if you need a present example look at Alberta
    Personally...all parties "piss away" our money.
    Every time I go over a bridge...I don't feel like I am getting any richer....you??
    So, to me...I don't care as much about deficits anymore.....they all screw it up in their own ways....looks at the price
    of a house...and how long did it take them to make a change....way too late!
    That financially is a bigger impact on me, my children right now...

Anyways...my OP was "not" about all of the political aspects ( after all...this is a Hunting Forum!)
    My questions were based on the "Hunting/Environmental" end of things, as that is my concern for me.
    If yours is deficit, so be it....but not sure if that pertains to a "Hunting Forum"

I only want to discuss what parties are willing to "help hunters and the wildlife"...and whos is being truthful.
    The other issues are for a political forum...IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Boom and bust oil cycle is nothing new. The issue with NDP in Alberta was kicking residents well they were down with taxes raising the cost of living during lean times. Did a good job pushing companies out as well

basicly they have milked $ out everyone and done nothing to create jobs

I know lots of people in Alberta and they are not happy lol
    yep don't do what we did. We're not in a good situation here at all.

Heyman, was the boss of the BCGEU, a powerful and greedy BC public sector union, he then resigned and became the honcho of the foreign SIERRA CLUB, a hardcore outfit associated with that little prick, Suzuki. So, as with AH Weaver, quite frankly, I DO NOT trust or believe him.

I also just hate the NDP and despise the Lieberals, might sit this one out........

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    Personally...all parties "piss away" our money.
    Every time I go over a bridge...I don't feel like I am getting any richer....you??
    So, to me...I don't care as much about deficits anymore.....they all screw it up in their own ways....looks at the price
    of a house...and how long did it take them to make a change....way too late!
    That financially is a bigger impact on me, my children right now...

Anyways...my OP was "not" about all of the political aspects ( after all...this is a Hunting Forum!)
    My questions were based on the "Hunting/Environmental" end of things, as that is my concern for me.
    If yours is deficit, so be it....but not sure if that pertains to a "Hunting Forum"

I only want to discuss what parties are willing to "help hunters and the wildlife"...and whos is being truthful.
    The other issues are for a political forum...IMO.
    I suppose you'd want to figure out the percentage of hunters belonging to each party, if it's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    IT's just like being on a "strata council" I suppose.
    You have 1 opinion like this, and 1 opinion like that.
    All I know is his opinion seems to be that he is for hunting...not against it.
    But another in the party might be completely against hunting...
    Guess that happens in every political party.
    I can only vote for the ones in my area...and I will vote who I agree with the most, or is closest inline to my beliefs.

Nothing wrong with bringing hide and skull IMO.
    I bring the rack out too on an Elk.
    To me, that part is the "photograph of the memory and experience" when I pursued something and obtained success.
    Heymans plan is to make sure that you ARE NOT ALLOWED to take the hide, the skull, etc. Only the meat. What does that say about what he thinks about hunting other species and where exactly does that end when he believes its trophy hunting when you take meat as well as the hide/skull, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by tuner View Post
    When he says he's from "the environment side of the NDP party" he means he opposes any and all economic developments related to natural resources extraction, it's a round about way of saying I'm philosophically aligned
    with David Suzuki, Sierra Club, and the raincoast foundation.
    No, from what he was saying.
    He would like to see a refinery here...so I guess he supports a pipeline?
    He made is living in Forestry, so, I think he supports that as well.

I only asked about him, as it is hard to know where parties stand on issues...if they are telling the truth or only what you
    want to hear.
    Problem is, and why I posted was....we never really hear from members of the political parties and their own personal views
    about hunting....so it is hard to know who is who.
    Atleast he was honest....he supports a wolf cull...but hard to say that out loud!....
    I will give him that.

Clipped from an article.....

Heyman said that under an NDP government, the few people who say they hunt grizzlies for food will be eligible to get a hunting tag, but will be subject to regulations to ensure it is not an excuse for a trophy hunt.

That could mean surrendering the trophy parts of the animal or some other mechanism.

“We are not planning to leave loopholes in the banning of the trophy hunt. We are serious and we will put regulations in place to make it happen,” Heyman said.
    "We will ensure that a food hunt is not used as a surrogate for the trophy hunt and we are serious about letting the bear viewing industry succeed and thrive.”

Last edited by Rackmastr; 04-13-2017 at 05:51 PM.

“From our perspective, we understand that majority of British Columbians simply don’t want this to continue,” Heyman said. “And we also know that there is a very healthy grizzly bear viewing economy in British Columbia, and the killing of grizzly bears is incompatible with the viewing of grizzly bears.”

That should be enough for you to decide if he's full of BS when he spoke with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Quote Originally Posted by Norwestalta View Post
    I suppose you'd want to figure out the percentage of hunters belonging to each party, if it's possible.
    NOT at all!!
    That's each on of yours own choices.

Has nothing to do with who is voting for who and a hunters consensus....OMG.

Just asking if people knew if this guy was being honest at the door...or if he is BS'ing.