Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Election and Wildlife promises

Re: Election and Wildlife promises

Quote Originally Posted by Surrey Boy View Post
    I don't care about wildlife that I can't access.

If I can't hunt Island Timberlands, it can become as desolate as China for all I care. If only Status Indians can hunt, I don't want to find conservation.

So far, all I see are promises to end hunter's access and allocation. Funding conservation is irrelevant then.

A lot of "I's" in your comment.

You should consider becoming a motivational speaker LMAO.

All kidding aside.
    It will take cash to fight all the issues facing the future of wildlife.
    The issues that seem to irritate you will be on the table when there is funding and support (numbers) behind it.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Re: Election and Wildlife promises

Quote Originally Posted by hillman View Post
    FYI - BC Naturalists press release on election promise statements by Steve Thompson and Bill Bennett is linked here:

http://www.bcnature.ca/wp-content/up...management.pdf
    Wildsight pov wildsight.ca/blog/2017/03/28/provinces-wildlife-agency-announcement-raises-big-questions/

..........The province’s announcement of a new wildlife management agency raises more questions than it answers. Bill Bennett’s interpretation, reported in the press recently, threatens to take environmental management out of the hands of wildlife biologists and the public. Wildlife has strong intrinsic value to British Columbians and shouldn’t be managed for the benefit of any particular group.............
    ..........Additional funding for research and habitat enhancement is welcome, but taking control of wildlife management away from scientists and putting it in the hands of a select group of hunters is definitely not............
    ......Who will be represented? It is time for politicians of all parties to clarify their intentions before the provincial election. British Columbians deserve to know what’s behind the proposed wildlife agency and how they can be involved......
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole