Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LEH Fall Applications

Re: LEH Fall Applications

Based on my 2 sons and I success ratio, which is 0 for 9 each year for the last 8 years, I just made another donation to the current government coffers. How can odds of 4.6-1 and 10-1 be so hard to get. I thought the odds of getting a moose are supposed to get better as each year goes by that I don't get one?

Quote Originally Posted by Glassman View Post
    Based on my 2 sons and I success ratio, which is 0 for 9 each year for the last 8 years, I just made another donation to the current government coffers. How can odds of 4.6-1 and 10-1 be so hard to get. I thought the odds of getting a moose are supposed to get better as each year goes by that I don't get one?
    Odds for LEH moose draw winners are halved for the next three years. Your odds don't get better if you haven't ever won one in BC.

I'm pretty sure it's the same chance every year, apart from the actual odds, none of that priority points BS some places have.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

It it is explained clear as day in regs, there is no thinking needed. And that's how draws work odds don't mean your guaranteed to win, you could theoretically never be drawn on a 10:1 hunt even if you applied for 15 years, luck of the draw I'm afraid,

although i I do think a points system would be fun for some high odd hunts

Some are just cursed know a few people who never pulled a draw in 15 years at reasonable odds. Than there is others who get drawn all the time even high odds.

I am just happy I land in the middle when it comes to luck lol

10-1 odds gives you 9.1% of being drawn.

4.6-1 odds gives you 18% of being drawn.

So not really that great.

As mentioned by someone else, it is fresh start every year. Previous years have no impact on your likelihood to draw in the current year.

Even 3-1 odds you only have a 25% chance. Not swell odds if you're really hoping to get the draw.

I'd be disappointed but not surprised to not draw a 10-1 odds tag if I put in for it every year for the next 25 years.

The beauty of the LEH system is other than Bison every other critter is available as GOS tag. So not all is lost.

I am maybe wrong but i dont see white tail deer in the 2017 fall leh. Are they not open for leh????Kindly correct me as i have never applied for leh before so i might not know how to read the leh system properly.

Quote Originally Posted by omer View Post
    I am maybe wrong but i dont see white tail deer in the 2017 fall leh. Are they not open for leh????Kindly correct me as i have never applied for leh before so i might not know how to read the leh system properly.
    Whities are strictly on general open season, no need for a draw.
    KCCO

Quote Originally Posted by Lastcar View Post

As mentioned by someone else, it is fresh start every year. Previous years have no impact on your likelihood to draw in the current year.

Even 3-1 odds you only have a 25% chance.
    Although I agree with your explanation I am not so sure about your math
    KCCO

Quote Originally Posted by Lastcar View Post

Even 3-1 odds you only have a 25% chance. Not swell odds if you're really hoping to get the draw.

I'd be disappointed but not surprised to not draw a 10-1 odds tag if I put in for it every year for the next 25 years.

The beauty of the LEH system is other than Bison every other critter is available as GOS tag. So not all is lost.
    Even if these percentages are correct (can't be bothered to check) your math is still incorrect in that it assumes only a single tag is available for draw.