Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: caddisguy's ultimate tick experiment

Re: caddisguy's ultimate tick experiment

Quote Originally Posted by albravo2 View Post
    Caddis,

How about talking to a lab that could process a few dozen smeared ticks?

Not sure if that would be cost effective or not, but if I recall correctly one of my Lyme doctors sent a tick she got off her dog for testing by a friend that is a Lyme researcher. Not sure what the result was, but she apparently took a dose of antibiotics herself, just in case. A few years of treating Lyme patients seems to have made her a bit gun shy.
    Working on it. We just need to look around for a reputable independent lab and open up communication with them. We are willing to pay, so as long as the cost isn't outrageous, this is still going to happen. It won't be as much fun as sitting around camp messing with test tubes, but it will still be interesting

Doc is out to lunch, moved down here a few years ago and cannot believe how many cases of Lyme in young adults, scary!

Just an update on Care Plus. I attempted to contact them earlier via the contact form on their website, as well as direct email.

The direct email (info@careplus.eu) bounces back with a "relay denied" error from the host their MX record is pointing too. This basically means that they currently do not have have any email services set up with the company that is supposedly hosting their email.

There is a phone number on the site that is in Europe. I might give that a try if all else fails.

Canadian doctors still dont even believe in it, get a new doctor Lymes disease is in BC
    Kamloops cabins for rent!
    www.bclakefronts.com

Check out some amazing pictures on my Facebook of trophy fish and game:
    www.facebook.com/bclakefronts
    What about YOUTUBE, Check my video on how to make a Euro mount:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/CanadianCade

My doctor is pretty good overall, just perhaps a little misguided on Lyme which has only come up casually. This experiment isn't about me at all. It would be cool to show him first hand evidence though.

Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Just a little tid bit for you...I have been using vitamin B3 in pill form to keep mosquitoes and ticks from biting. It's the same stuff as in the patches, but only a couple of bucks a bottle at any health/pharmacy. It lasts about 3 hours for a couple pills and water soluble so it won't build up in your system. I can watch the bugs land on me and take right off. It sure beats the stink/film of Deet.

Stillhunt that sounds cool, never heard of it before but i often drink things that contain high concentrates of B3, could be why i rarely get bit.... Caddis should test that theory out!!
    ~Wes

Sorry guys. This has all been put on hold until the testing situation has been figured out.

Some news about the Care Plus Test Kit should be coming out within the next week or so and I will put it here.

I appreciate all the enthusiasm and curiosity... can't wait to share a nifty little science experiment once we get everything in place.

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    Just an update on Care Plus. I attempted to contact them earlier via the contact form on their website, as well as direct email.

The direct email (info@careplus.eu) bounces back with a "relay denied" error from the host their MX record is pointing too. This basically means that they currently do not have have any email services set up with the company that is supposedly hosting their email.

There is a phone number on the site that is in Europe. I might give that a try if all else fails.
    Wow, that is sad. As a guy who works in the tech industry that just screams scam. :/