Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: caddisguy's ultimate tick experiment

Re: caddisguy's ultimate tick experiment

Spy / Albravo I totally get what you guys are saying. The medical community does have their head in the sand. I totally get it. Doctors face big time scrutiny even testing for Lyme and our doctors are fed BS. Canada can't really support the treatment and disability payouts for Lyme and there is certainly is interest to wait until the tipping point before the vaccine (which exists but is no longer produced due to "lack of demand/necessity") will really sell. I understand the run-around from doctors, but a huge part of that is internal propaganda. I know doctors that are genuine and would go ape-poop if I show them first hand.

This experiment isn't about me or whether or not I have Lyme. It's a Fraser Valley biological experiment driven by curiosity with the bonus being that the results are going to be useful either way. AFAIK no private individual has ever done such a thing with this kind of precision.

This is first hand. This is hunter to hunter. I am doing this for you. This is an HBC exclusive. It's all going to originate here on HBC in this thread.

I do appreciate the interest and encouragement.

I am going to pick up the test kits tomorrow and some white coveralls. I am going to hunt in white coveralls and catch ticks. We are going to film some of this catching and testing. There is a very slight chance you will see us drop a bear in white coveralls which would be pretty neat too.
    Last edited by caddisguy; 04-10-2017 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post
    About $7.99 plus taxes.

Save your money.
    That stuff works for me until I step out of the truck lol

Quote Originally Posted by the hopper View Post
    Don't crush em with just your fingers the spirochete can transit through skin good luck.
    canlyme is an excellent resource
    Lol dang don't tell me that I crushed dozens with my fingers. They don't die easy though, you have to smush the head/neck.

I imagine these test kits come with a crushing tool to smush it while it's in the test tube.

It says that it comes with a wooden stick.

http://www.careplus.eu/en/first-aid/...me-borreliose/

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    I imagine these test kits come with a crushing tool to smush it while it's in the test tube.
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

Not recognized as a workplace hazard either. We find em lots in the burns. I've heard they like to hang out in juniper, but I haven't confirmed that myself. But for sure the burns.

Hope to see the video of you fully white suited up dropping ticks and bears all in one video hahaha
    ~Wes

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    I used less words than you
    I would have said what you said if you hadn't said it first.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Seen a cow moose out past Horsefly 2 weeks ago while bunny hunting..the cow was badly infested with ticks..she was rubbed raw along the neck from rubbing..yuk....
    Srupp

Just reading their fact sheet and it seems to indicate the test is done on a tick that has bitten in and been removed? Might be worth clarifying
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Good on you and thanks Caddisguy, I am really interested in your results.

I frequent the same types of spots as you so I have a stake in this. On the other hand I've never seen a tick othe than on a deer.
    ἀλήθεια

Make like a baby and head out!