Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Looking for a Hunting Partner

Re: Looking for a Hunting Partner

Season is coming up on us again soon.. again, looking for hunting partners with great stories to tell

I'm new to Vancouver and looking for a bow hunting partner. Maybe even spring bear?
    This picture is what I shot last week from 50m at Burnaby Archery.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 50m.jpg  
    Last edited by Chuckie; 06-05-2019 at 12:38 AM. Reason: added photo of shooting from 50m

Hey Chuckie, I'm new to bow hunting but been practising a lot. Would be great to team up with someone with some experience. Even just to tag and watch.

Hi Ali_G, I don't have hunting experience yet - just shooting and military experience.

I only have one outing under my belt for spring bear so far and it was desecrated by my significant other lol. Would love to try again. I do bow(50lbs recurve) shotgun and 30-06. I joined the pcdhfc this year in hopes of finding a hunting partner, but it seems to be all target shooters whenever I go. Not that there is anything wrong with that by any means, but I want to "get er done" so to speak. Pics are 30-06 at 200m and recurve at the farthest point at boormans lol. I think its only like 20m i dunno... wherever the glass window is. lol
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190627-053911.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	7.1 KB 
ID:	7465Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190627-054028.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	6.3 KB 
ID:	7466

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckie View Post
    Hi Ali_G, I don't have hunting experience yet - just shooting and military experience.

Same for both.. Are you looking to hunt this fall?
    Ali

"It is a blessing of the wilderness life that it shows us how few things we need in order to be perfectly happy." - Horace Kephart

"Don't ever be afraid to try something!! Remember a lone amateur built the ark and a large group of professionals built the titanic..."

Quote Originally Posted by Ali_G View Post
    Same for both.. Are you looking to hunt this fall?
    You bet! I am most interested in hunting deer because they are tasty, but I would also like to try bear, and definitely grouse (10/day bag limit in September!). I have resolved to go hunting with or without a partner this fall, so I need to research locations regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckie View Post
    You bet! I am most interested in hunting deer because they are tasty, but I would also like to try bear, and definitely grouse (10/day bag limit in September!). I have resolved to go hunting with or without a partner this fall, so I need to research locations regardless.
    I am the same. Just spent the last couple of days doing some recon on some hunting areas, with some luck! I thought if I don't find someone to hunt with I'm just going to wing it and pray for the best.
    I would love to take some grouse as well. I also saw alot of snow shoe hares so they might be on the menu too.
    Ali

"It is a blessing of the wilderness life that it shows us how few things we need in order to be perfectly happy." - Horace Kephart

"Don't ever be afraid to try something!! Remember a lone amateur built the ark and a large group of professionals built the titanic..."

PM me always looking for people to go with