Has anyone tried either/both of these bags? I know that WM has a long reputation for quality, so that's pretty desirable; however, the Nemo bags are getting pretty good reviews and have been out for a few years now.

The Nemo has a "sprawler/big guy friendly" design. The Terralite seems to be the closest thing to that in a more traditional and "high end" bag. I haven't used either but don't mind spending the money on something that will last me and be comfortable.

They seem to be relatively close in price to each other.

I've also started seeing a lot more talk of quilts (including around here) but I find it hard to imagine even trying one without really understanding if they can really be comfortable in cooler weather without being too drafty. They don't seem to be very easy to find locally to even get an idea of what laying under one would be like.

Basic requirements for me are a bag that would be comfortable at temps below 0C (figure that something down to about -10 would be nice, but even in the -3 to -5 range would be acceptable), very lightweight and compressible as I'm likely to use it for a long time and in a lot of conditions, from summer hiking/camping adventures to fall hunts, and good quality that I hope will last me.

There's a lot of new tech out there and things like hydrophobic down, DWR shells, etc that can alter the answers to a seemingly easy question.