Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Prawn poachers Saanich Inlet

Re: Prawn poachers Saanich Inlet

I'm in a mood today... my mood thinks a few of those boats should become artificial reefs!
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by The Hermit View Post
    I'm in a mood today... my mood thinks a few of those boats should become artificial reefs!
    I've got a wetsuite you can borrow

guest Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MB_Boy View Post
    The sad thing is people know boats that are doing it. There is a large blue hulled Sea Ray (or something like that) that is known to be a thief. Has been busted by people....but is still out there.

Its the the same with bottom fishers from another country who don't speak Engrish. It's well known and should I come back in my next life as a DFO officer, McDonald Beach will be my ticket writing quota.
    Mb is so right, seen it myself a few times, that particular boat comes into Mcdonald after sitting in the river a bit, a crowd of people meet them, lots of poachers bail off the boat with coolers and plastic bags, run for the cars, the boat takes off. Repeated over and over several times a year as they rape Thrasher, Porlier, and Nanaimo waters. Pathetic to see.

Hey it's time for some video surveillance and some hard hitting you tube videos Hermit in a wetsuit priceless ;2)

Yeah, it's a bummer. I just had two crab traps stolen two weeks ago. 60 feet of water using 100 feet of lead line so I know they were on bottom, and only found 2 of 4 traps when I returned. One was opened; they cleaned it out and threw it back overboard without closing it. I feel for you guys who have had your prawn traps stolen, there's some serious $$$ in good prawn setups.

Quote Originally Posted by MB_Boy View Post
    The sad thing is people know boats that are doing it. There is a large blue hulled Sea Ray (or something like that) that is known to be a thief. Has been busted by people....but is still out there.

Its the the same with bottom fishers from another country who don't speak Engrish. It's well known and should I come back in my next life as a DFO officer, McDonald Beach will be my ticket writing quota.

Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

I will put a slug through the hull of any boat trying to steal my stuff. If they don't have life jackets too bad. I have seen a few boats sink after stealing traps and they won't be the last. They are as bad as any poacher imo.
    Originally Posted by olympia
    if your worried bout ticks than you aint never been bit by a snake while pissing...try gettin your hunting partner to suck the poison out

Are GTR's (galvanic timed releases) also known as pop-ups legal in BC?

Get one of those radio controlled submersible floats.

There was a video on Facebook of a boat that was "Caught" with stolen traps.... the guy who owned the trap used a brake shoe or something like it as a weight, and the suspect boat had the part on the deck beside the traps....
    FV#'s were on the video as well..... it is a scummy thing for sure, but im thinking a call to fisheries is a lil better than sinking a boat...especially when it easy id like that....