Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Prawn poachers Saanich Inlet

Re: Prawn poachers Saanich Inlet

I've had so many traps robbed and then dumped back with the doors open not to mention the traps that have gone missing. We know who it is that doing it but the DFO will do nothing about it. In fact they came out two years ago and cruised the shore, found a rope tied to a tree, followed it to the traps and took them. Not legal to use that method but I know the guy and he was so pi$$ed at the theft of trap"s he wanted to try anything. This was on the west coast of Van. Isalnd.

Nobody has confessed to stupidity yet, so I will.

Couple years ago I was bitching that someone had stolen my crab traps. Then a couple weeks later somebody calls me and asks if I'd lost any traps. Turns out my traps were several miles south. It was probably a combination of wind and current that moved them from 30 feet of water into deep water where they just bobbed along at the end of my rope until they found bottom again. I suspect it happens more than people would like to admit.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Quote Originally Posted by albravo2 View Post
    Nobody has confessed to stupidity yet, so I will.

Couple years ago I was bitching that someone had stolen my crab traps. Then a couple weeks later somebody calls me and asks if I'd lost any traps. Turns out my traps were several miles south. It was probably a combination of wind and current that moved them from 30 feet of water into deep water where they just bobbed along at the end of my rope until they found bottom again. I suspect it happens more than people would like to admit.
    Tug boat guys have been known to steer for pot floats too, just to see if they can snag one and take it for a bit of a tour...
    Your account has been banned permanently. Reason: Your account has been blocked due to comments that could be construed as hate speech. For more information, please visit: http://cbc.ca/submissions.

Steering a tug and barge is a little like steering a train. If you drop a trap on the track it will get hit. Sucks for sure but I hardly think they could "steer" for traps. Yes I have seen rafts of logs with trap floats in them but do you have any idea how long it takes to plan a route for a tug and barge? or how hard it would be to avoid a float with one? I have a hard enough time seeing my floats in a 18 foot Explorer let alone a tug and barge.... I guess there is an exception to every rule but...
    my buddy has been running a tug for years we worked on the water together and I hear all his stories ...

Sugar up the fuel tank and call the CO's, wait where is that North Korean sub off the California coast when you need them!

My sailboat was berthed at Reed Point for several years. During that time I used to set crab traps in Burrard inlet and then drop anchor and laze about the deck or do maintenance. Fisheries or other LEO boats would come through occasionally and take a pass past the favorite crabbing spots. If they saw anything that was not absolutely correct they pulled the offending trap dumped the crabs and put the trap on their deck and moved on to the next trap. One time they hauled away a half a dozen traps that must have had issues with floating lines or floats without appropriate id or some other issue.

I wonder if that blue Hewescraft that has been seen poaching traps is one of the rental boats from Freedom Boat Club out of Port Moody. I which case there would be a number of people that use that boat.

http://freedomboatclub.com/locations...oody-bc/boats/

Ironically the name of that boat is Just Crabbin'

Sugar doesn't do anything. it gets stopped by the fuel filter however Bleach does.......I read about it in a playboy article once.........

Quote Originally Posted by Linksman313 View Post
    Sugar up the fuel tank and call the CO's, wait where is that North Korean sub off the California coast when you need them!
    Quote Originally Posted by Firstblood View Post
    Sugar doesn't do anything. it gets stopped by the fuel filter however Bleach does.......I read about it in a playboy article once.........
    Naw, put the sugar into the oil crankcase via the oil fill tube. Has the same effect of destroying an engine, but it just takes a little longer for it to work. Read that one in Four Wheeler magazine years ago when one of the competitors of their Top Truck Challenge went to a bar one night and pissed off some people there, so they sugared his engine before he left the bar. He didn't discover the vandalism until he was competing the next morning and his motor started smoking and chugging something bad.
    caddisguy "I worry about predators wanting to eat me or bucks trying to take my manhood. "How was your hunting trip honey" ... "wahh I don't want to talk about it... sob ""

Funny ... i sit on my traps, ironically ive never lost any lol
    JOIN US AT CRSPORTFISHING.CA