Thread: Snowlines around Kelowna?

Snowlines around Kelowna?

I'm curious if any Spring Bear hunters have been roaming around the FSR's near Kelowna. (Bear Main, Goudie, Black Mountain)

What are the road conditions like? Main roads, spurs, etc. Can people with regular 4x4's and good tires still get around up there or is it still a winter wonderland at lower elevations.

I'll be heading out on Sunday, but am curious about conditions.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Snowlines around Kelowna?

It's still winter.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

'Pends where you go pal. Lots of snow on side roads. Mains are good. Roads that aren't in the shade are good. Bears are out at low elevations coming into yards.

I'm sure Kelowna mtns have the same amount of snow as here and it keeps building up. Currently sitting at 11.5' on the measuring stick

Bear main you will still be stopping where the snow plow stops...I have been in from westside rd and up at the summit, both in the both 2 weeks...summit you can get to the turn off for hatheume lake but theres no bear activity up there yet still lots of snow...

I drove the highway 5A, 97C and then 97N today (from Merritt to Kelowna), the summit is 1728m, there was still all kinds of snow up there. At about 1500m it is iffy, and below it might be OK, depends on the road and the shade, aspect etc. This is only from looking at the surrounding terrain, not driving anywhere off the highway.

Yep went for a spin up Bear Main this morning and the snow really picks up around 1200-1300m, however the main roads and even some of the side roads were surprisingly clear.