Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New no shooting areas!

New no shooting areas!

Just had a peek at all the new no shooting areas and would like to hear what the bcwf is going to do to advocate for the rights of hunters who need to sight in and are not current range members. Recreational shooters and hunters are getting stomped all over with these new no shooting areas and we need a voice that the officials will listen to on this one. Closers include all of norish all of lost creek all of sylvester and all spurs off chilliwack lk road.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: New no shooting areas!

Buddy of mine was just telling me that Ontario has now banned recreational shooting in the bush all together. Unless you are hunting you are not aloud to fire a rifle in the bush. I havnt looked it up myself, so im not sure how accurate my post is, but the guy i heard it from is usually on point
    JOIN US AT CRSPORTFISHING.CA

quote:all of sylvester

that sucks,guess i'll have to drive a little further

takla
    Last edited by takla1; 04-06-2017 at 07:07 PM.
    If it don't have a throttle,tits or a trigger I'm pretty much uninterested
    Never was there a time when I did not exist, nor you, nor in the future shall any of us cease to be.

The trouble is that this just pushes the problem from one area to another, either up the spurs or over to the next valley. This will policy will only result in expanded closures and given previous history, it is likely the exemption for hunting will not last.

This is unlikely to increase safety by any means. What we needed was enforcement of existing laws which prohibit careless use of a firearm, not new laws that move the careless use of firearms around. I believe the policy makers are well aware of this, but are content pushing the problem around and creating bans wherever they push it. I honestly believe approach is a deliberate effort to limit even responsible and hunting and target shooting opportunities.

This should send chills down the spine of any hunter, as it is only going to expand North and East. I think that anyone who believes the hunting exemption will stay is in for a surprise. This is likely just staggered to divide the voices of hunters and recreational shooters. It is similar to how government chips away at firearms ownership in general. Incremantalism is always be the path of least resistance.

And let's face it, these policy makers don't care for anyone hunting or owning firearms at all. This is just what they can grab for now, until the next grab.
    Last edited by caddisguy; 04-06-2017 at 07:42 PM.

The reasons they have listed such a "public safety" and citing that "fire crews had to stop working because of gun fire" are extremely weak at best. I have been recreational shooting in many places all over the province and when at these "natural ranges" I have always used and heard other vehicles honk once or twice when they approach an area, those shooting call a cease fire and let the vehicles pass (usually end up stopping for a quick friendly chat) before returning to enjoying firearms in the great outdoors.

This will just push hunters further away, which forces wildlife further away for those that do hunt after the elusive Reg. 2 Deer.

In my opinion the current Government/RCMP cartel are instituting gun control in two ways:
    1) Increasing the cost of firearms - which reduces the number of new firearms owners
    2) Reduce the accessibility to use firearms - elimination of these public land ranges, and the restriction put on new gun clubs will make it harder and harder to gun owners to use their firearms.

Yea....i have a feeling this is just a tip of the ice burg

WAY more crews had to stop working due to hangover than gunfire. Furthermore - the idiots that came up with this ban surely are liable as what to have been actively loaded on party liqour, weed and yay rob ford(rip) style... Dang!

These are just anti shenanigans. Straight ANTIS!!!

I boo them and mourn this closure. None the less, I am happy that at least the Hunting exception exists and that you can be out with a valid hunting license acting responsibly and soberly with the utmost concern for your safety and that of others. Local boys over that way, sorry for your loss!

B.C. Gov't Did something similar (basically the same move) that including a Hunting closure as well up the Whiteswan (just for a section) in 4-20 here in the Koots. I never go up that way, too busy/touristy type a vibe to me. I've got plenty of spots to get out too and love it. Hopefully it doesn't roll around my way here in the EK.

My concern is similar to caddis you will have these clowns who allready dont follow the rules being ridiculous about their spots now and shooting up trees instead of into a gravel pit or hillside.

With the new rules in place for shooting, the private gravel pit area I go to went from full open to shot use only and backs 2 sides of it onto crown land, Since its private land does that rule still apply for shot only on the private land or all the area around it shot use only and whatever the land owner says for land use? I'm thinking based on the shooting area maps says but hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Corona1986 View Post
    With the new rules in place for shooting, the private gravel pit area I go to went from full open to shot use only and backs 2 sides of it onto crown land, Since its private land does that rule still apply for shot only on the private land or all the area around it shot use only and whatever the land owner says for land use? I'm thinking based on the shooting area maps says but hope I'm wrong.
    Private land does not change firearm restrictions