Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: New firearm restrictions for Fraser Valley roads

Re: New firearm restrictions for Fraser Valley roads

Quote Originally Posted by Linksman313 View Post
    Ok thanks Caddis
    I should add that sighting in a rifle--though for the purpose of hunting--would still fall under "target shooting". The spirit of the exemption is that hunters can shoot at animals in these areas, barring any existing road allowances or other restrictions defined elsewhere.

It would make sense for conservationists, not wanting their privilege to hunt and enjoy the outdoors to erode any further, take up the responsibility to create awareness of the new rules. Work together and with Governments to erect signs in key and accurate locations providing sufficient information to ensure no violations of the new terms.

Would be a bad idea to share a good spot for shooting close to the lowermainland a good safe legal place as a group we can all agree to clean up after our selves and other visitors that will come along. Build a few solid benches so there is room for a couple groups few well built targets at marked distances. Id share my spot but it has been taken by the new laws and haven't had time to scout for a new one.

just post the location on here and we will all take care of it. Good place to meet some hbcers

The entire Norrish watershed is closed?

(rides to work)....would it be that easy to build a range....i would think you would be more of a formal thing then just setting up some benches on the end of a logging road....or is it really that easy...I personally have no idea how that would work...if anyone does please chime in

Well after talking to a buddie about it. You would need a permit to clear the trees a permit for the construction of the range a permit to operate the 'building' and approval from a cfo... Don't think its happening any time soon unfortunately.

You will also need a Civil Engineer to sign off on it that it is constructed to the construction guidelines.
    THE FEW THE PROUD, SEMPER FI

Anyone hear if these new areas have at least increased enforcement

or is it just another don't do this or else with no enforcement

Quote Originally Posted by North Star View Post
    The entire Norrish watershed is closed?
    when i looked at the map i thought a saw a spot orn 2 that you could get to that is 400m off the road....was i off base? i was planning on going there tomorrow

when i go back to the map i am still unsure if the norrish cr watershed is being shown for clarity or if it is included in the closure....i am interpreting it as just showing it for clarity but i am not 100% sure now
    Last edited by wideopenthrottle; 05-06-2017 at 12:03 PM.

When interpreting these "new" no shooting areas. Be sure to also consult the Fraser Valley special area map as well.

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife.../FVSAH2015.pdf
    Huntin, fishin, and lovin every day.