Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: New firearm restrictions for Fraser Valley roads

Re: New firearm restrictions for Fraser Valley roads

This ban will not affect my activity, as I ride pretty far off road to go shooting and already have a club membership
    BUT it may get me injured or worse!!!

Morons with guns scattered deeper in the bush are my nightmare. When it was confined to few areas like Stave, Silvester and Mamquam fsr in Squamish, I could deal with it by just avoiding those areas on weekends. But when they get pushed further out and dispersed they will trash more areas and make everywhere unsafe.

Look at what happened at Stave lake: the place was/is a wasteland and like a scene out of Mad Max on the weekends. They closed it down, and the problem moved 18km up the Stave fsr and spread to several locations.
    Same amount of trash, but more spread out, same number of guns but pointing in more directions.

A lot of wa wa wa wa, **** everyone but me in this post .
    BLACKRIFLESMATTER

Quote Originally Posted by TyTy View Post
    I don't like it, but screw it, its necessary. I work along most of those FSRs and am sick and tired of all the idiots screwing around out there. I have been shot at, over, near, had equipment in the work truck messed with etc... . Take a drive up east or west harrison on a long weekend (I won't even work there on those fridays, road is too dangerous driving against the weekend warrior traffic on the way home).

Many dummies won't know this new regulation, and will likely shoot within these zones, get caught, get fined, have their firearms and licenses revoked etc..... GOOD! lets weed those fools out of the back roads.

This is the age we live in and must adapt. If you really need to shoot that bad, join a range; I did. If want to go shooting out there, I'll even hike in to shoot in peace, unmolested. You want to talk about limiting access, how about all of the back country that is becoming gated because of IPPs, hydro Right-of-ways, timber companies that gate roads even though they are not operating, gravel pits, ETC!... not much I can do about that limited access, I just have to accept it and give them their required buffer.

Just love it when i'm out hunting and shooting party lights up the valley (of course, never checking their backstop). So I try to use this to my advantage, using them to push game. Its not that I want to, but what else to do?
    It will be interesting to hear your perspective on this in a month or two. As someone who is there very often, you have a unique opportunity to observe results from these new rules.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    There is a demand for ranges in the LML. This might be an opportunity to create a designated shooting area or two, on safe areas, as informal ranges.
    Big time. I don't know exactly how it works in the LML yet but a few of the clubs on the n island were on crown land. BC Lands or whatever they're called now issue a lease (free) to the local Regional District who is named as the tenure holder. It is run by the board of the local club and they report their meeting minutes etc back to the RD so they can see the club is being run properly.

A small group would have a snow ball's chance in hell getting a crown lease but if its sponsored by local government (the RD) they're all over it. So, the regional district was behind this shooting ban big time because of course they've been loaded with complaints. If the RD was now approached by a group, hell an intellegent individual saying we've been beat up pretty bad over this shooting ban, but we want to do the right thing and start a gun club on this chunk of crown land. We'd like you to help us. The time would be right for a hell of a good chance me thinks.
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

I am shocked by the amount of pacifists on this thread.

Meh who cares I'll just hike further now that the target shooters camp up the spurs and shoot into the timber where I normally hunt. Blah blah this is the reality we live in, lots of irresponsible people out there... we just have to accept the blanket bans. It's about time! Lots of wah wah, stop crying.

*Face palm* ... NO. I love each and every one of you, but don't be stupid. These restrictions do not solve the problem. They do nothing for safety. They do not prevent garbage in the bush. What they do is push the problem around, which serves as a pre-text for the government to add more and more bans. The province is using blanket bans instead of the actual enforcement required to solve the problem and your loss of freedom and opportunity is a bonus. With this approach, there is much more to come. There was already a law against careless use of a firearm, but they would rather cut down on the number of CO's and chip away at your freedom than charge a few people each year to actually solve the problem and deter this type of activity. For the price of a Christy Clark photo op we could hire a dozen CO's. Enforcement versus bans should be an election issue for hunters. The hunting exemption will not last.

I see the same thing over and over again with the hunting community... meh who cares if they ban semi auto rifles... I don't use one blah blah... ooh I'm too lazy to write a dang letter or show up at a meeting.... someone else will do it. Oh who cares if they ban this magazine or that gun, I don't have one.

I sound cranky I know... because I am... reading some of these posts while caddisgirl extracted a large adult female deer tick from my lower back was just enough to get me started.

Anyone willing to accept these new mission creep bans, please wake the heck up and write some dang letters. We need to band together rather than being divided up and allowing ourselves to become useful idiots cheerleading or even justifying or condoning this type of approach.

That is all. End of ourburst. Thank you for listening.
    Last edited by caddisguy; 04-08-2017 at 10:23 PM.

Just using the shooting as an excuse to continue the government objective of disarming us.

$50000 fine for a first offense (I know up to)
    Someone steals your truck and burns it up won't get that

Ps at least up the Chehalis for there is no indication, sign, posting or any other conveyance of deterrent to the new rules. How the hell someone other then a hunter who regularly checks these things is supposed to know is beyond me. But this leads me to believe that the yahoos will still get away with all their shit as there are no signs, and obviously no enforcement. I passed three sets of people target shooting in the no go zone today and promptly informed them politely of the new rules.. . They were more then happy to drive the extra 10 minutes up the road to where the ban ends.... But these folks all seemed like decent people.

Anyways if if they're throwing this ban up I hope they at least put up signage to point to for easier conviction of people disobeying the laws.
    ~Wes

I have spent a number of weekends up there over the last 2 years, camping and hiking (no target shooting)
    Yes the garbage was maddening, but so is the other garbage left up there by other users
    Not once have I felt in danger from target shooters up there

They put up signs 3 yrs ago half way up the west ide of stave indicateing it was a no shooting area so I imagine all areas will get them...Pissed me off as I had a good honey hole for blacktail ive used for yrs and it got nixed.
    Living in mission since 1990 ive seen a lot on those back roads and I think its over blown by a few bad apples..

takla
    If it don't have a throttle,tits or a trigger I'm pretty much uninterested
    Never was there a time when I did not exist, nor you, nor in the future shall any of us cease to be.

Quote Originally Posted by takla1 View Post
    They put up signs 3 yrs ago half way up the west ide of stave indicateing it was a no shooting area so I imagine all areas will get them...Pissed me off as I had a good honey hole for blacktail ive used for yrs and it got nixed.
    Living in mission since 1990 ive seen a lot on those back roads and I think its over blown by a few bad apples..

takla
    The new regs still allow for the discharge of firearms for hunting in the existing hunting areas in the region just no target practice.
    THE FEW THE PROUD, SEMPER FI