Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: New firearm restrictions for Fraser Valley roads

Re: New firearm restrictions for Fraser Valley roads

Sorry, but I'm confused. The press release states "will not affect licensed hunting and trapping" but a 400 mere No-shooting zone means no shooting right? Not just at old TVs and propane tanks, but game too. That affects hunting doesn' t it?

So if you want to hunt in the Skagit Valley then you have to be out of the 400 metre zone, same as the 400 M exclusion zone at the Coq. am I correct? No more shooting deer or bear off the road. (not that I ever did)
    Last edited by MichelD; 04-07-2017 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelD View Post
    Sorry, but I'm confused. The press release states "will not affect licensed hunting and trapping" but a 400 mere No-shooting zone means no shooting right? Not just at old TVs and propane tanks, but game too. That affects shunting doesn' t it?

So if you want to hunt in the Skagit Valley then you have to be out of the 400 metre zone, same as the 400 M exclusion zone at the Coq. am I correct? No more shooting deer or bear off the road. (not that I ever did)
    They are saying that the restrictions only apply to target/recreational shooting. You would need to sight in somewhere else, but hunters shooting at game are exempt, at least for now, but I think the writing is on the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Red View Post
    The existing laws were already in place to curb this issue. Typical bureaucratic bullshit at it's best. We're too f'in lazy to enforce the laws, so we decided to screw everyone in the process. Just the way the world works today. How I wish we'd start punishing the people who ruin it for everyone else for a change.
    Spot on. The drunk 4X4ers and garbage dumpers will still be there. Some people just don't like shooting.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Look for similar restrictions coming to Sea to Sky soon.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

There is a demand for ranges in the LML. This might be an opportunity to create a designated shooting area or two, on safe areas, as informal ranges.

i would love to see an informal range happen somewhere near to the LML, unfortunately i doubt this will occur due to too many people willing to mess it all up in the first place. Wish we could have more ranges with 100+ distances.
    ~Wes

Public informal ranges would be great... Bet someone would shoot them up or burn them exactly 400m from the road and there will still be no proper enforcement. Shame what has happend I bet gate is right about squamish valley and pemby. People need a place to shoot if they are responsible why should they be punished for the few.

]
    Quote Originally Posted by 604Stalker View Post
    Public informal ranges would be great... Bet someone would shoot them up or burn them exactly 400m from the road and there will still be no proper enforcement.
    In my perfect world, someone would find an area within the now "banned areas" that is safe to shoot. Good backstop, etc. Use a machine to berm it if required. Drop big rocks down so people couldn't put cars or appliances in there. Park and walk a short distance to a shooting area. Sure, it would get messy. But it's contained. Organize an annual cleanup. Of course, I haven't been to the Stgave area since I was a kid, so ....I just think shooters should be proactive. Although that time may have passed..

Shame what has happend I bet gate is right about squamish valley and pemby. People need a place to shoot if they are responsible why should they be punished for the few.
    I absolutely guarantee this will happen.

I had a conversation with our MLA Jordan Sturdy about this very topic. When local government representatives get complaints about "drunks with guns" invading every FSR every weekend, there is going to be a response at one point.

So....let me get this right....after looking at the maps and seeing the area's that are no shooting which by the way Sucked in the first place due to trash..is "now" ruining hunting....lol I have two legs that work well and there are fu? Ng tones of spots to hunt and enjoy...so they restrict the shitty areas so what....and if you arnt able to hunt on foot....well my friends this is bc...our weak ass lumber trade deals make for amazing clear cut / road grass bear hunting so once again not worried.....in all honesty we might be making a mountain out of a mole hill....is there going to be ripple affect....of course....but if you actually look at the maps....they restrict the areas that should be..**that said I also lost a bear camp that was slipping anyways due to target shooter**

I don't like it, but screw it, its necessary. I work along most of those FSRs and am sick and tired of all the idiots screwing around out there. I have been shot at, over, near, had equipment in the work truck messed with etc... . Take a drive up east or west harrison on a long weekend (I won't even work there on those fridays, road is too dangerous driving against the weekend warrior traffic on the way home).

Many dummies won't know this new regulation, and will likely shoot within these zones, get caught, get fined, have their firearms and licenses revoked etc..... GOOD! lets weed those fools out of the back roads.

This is the age we live in and must adapt. If you really need to shoot that bad, join a range; I did. If want to go shooting out there, I'll even hike in to shoot in peace, unmolested. You want to talk about limiting access, how about all of the back country that is becoming gated because of IPPs, hydro Right-of-ways, timber companies that gate roads even though they are not operating, gravel pits, ETC!... not much I can do about that limited access, I just have to accept it and give them their required buffer.

Just love it when i'm out hunting and shooting party lights up the valley (of course, never checking their backstop). So I try to use this to my advantage, using them to push game. Its not that I want to, but what else to do?