Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: TO ALL HUNTERS LIVING IN Reg. 2

Re: TO ALL HUNTERS LIVING IN Reg. 2

Quote Originally Posted by curly top View Post
    She was also very clear, on the GBear hunt, that it still be on where supported by good population, but supported all meat removal. Which is fine with me.
    Funny how other NDP candidates are saying they will close the hunt 100%.

Yet others say only sustenance hunters (those would be native indians) will be allowed to hunt.

They should get their story straight, eh?

At the very least, Horgan said you won't be able to keep any momento of your hunt (if they do allow a hunt), such as the hide, the skull, etc. You will have to leave it to rot, or you'll have to give it to the government to be destroyed.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Maple Ridge, Horse Lake but sometimes the dog house

Unfortunately, any candidate will tell you their perspective on any given issue, and they may be sincere, but ultimately it comes down to toeing the party line if you want to advance in the ranks or be renominated to run for the party.
    Cody: It's a pretty cool sidearm you got there. What is it?
    Four Leaf Tayback: I don't know what it's called. I just know the sound it makes when it takes a man's life.

Marvin Boggs

Frank, I never thought I'd say this again. I'm getting the pig!
    Frank, we gotta get rid of this broad. I know a great place up the road. Lots of alligators.

Marvin: If there's one thing I know, it's women and covert operations.
    Frank: Marvin, that's two things.
    Han Cho Bai: No, grasshopper. It is not.

Quote Originally Posted by curly top View Post
    If you value the future of wildlife, if you value conservation, if you value you and your families future in hunting......
    Get out and attend the Important Town Hall Meeting April 26 /17 at the Langley Civic Facility, Fraser River Theater, 20338-65 ave Langley, BC
    7:00PM....... Representatives from BCWF Resident Priority Program.
    Wildlife, Conservation and your hunting future depend on You!
    Let's help get our Wildlife numbers back to what they once were.... And MORE!

See you there!
    CT

Curly top keep up the great work.

Fish and wildlife need more guys like you to step up and drive change.

Appreciate all your efforts!
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by Ohwildwon View Post
    The Lower Mainland is a commuters hell..

Whoever put the start time @ 7PM is out to lunch...

I wanted to go, by the time I got home from work (6:45), walk the dog, feed the cat, shower etc, not happening...
    thank you for making it a priority! everyone that attended re arranged their life to be there for this important issue. and unfortunately, with all the apathy (even on this site) it appears the writing is on the wall...

Quote Originally Posted by markathome View Post
    Hi Guys,

Here's a letter I wrote to Jesse:

Good Morning Jesse,

First – thank you for all the background work you and your colleagues have put into the Town Halls. I attended the Langley meeting last night and although I was somewhat aware of the issues – as a “late-to-life” hunter I certainly didn’t have a full 360 of the crisis at hand.

I’m putting my hand up and letting you know I’m here to help. So please let me know if there is anything I can do to assist the BCWF and the mission beyond writing letters.

My main take-aways from the Town Hall is the BCWF could use assistance in the two areas:

• Summary of the message in a social media friendly format(s)
    • A grassroots activist strategy focused exclusively on the Town Hall message (funding/science/social buy in)
      • Perhaps create a central umbrella for organizers and supports to gather under (arm of the BCWF?/something else?)
      • Identification of the issue in publicly consumptive manner
      • Delivery of the message across all possible platforms
      • Creation of infographics
      • Reaching out to like-minded organizations to share social media galvanization and “pushs” (ie thunderclaps)

I have some background in these two areas – but I’m no expert. However, I do work with two professionals who’s business is to more or less build grass root organizations from the ground up. Their typical clients are universities, local governments and complex organizations like the Vancouver Aquarium. I have sent them an email with Coles notes of the Town Hall and have asked for some advice.

One of their projects is http://www.myseatosky.org/ and they are responsible for the Howe Sound Declaration – a good example of grass roots organization with tangible results.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

PS: Great work on the Rookie Hunter Podcast! Those guys are awesome!

Cheers,
    did you get a response from Jesse or any insight from your friends?

thank you for your efforts!

Hey Brownman - I did get a reply from Jesse and my colleagues - I'm formulating a bit of a framework in my head right now and hope to meet with Jesse the next time he's in Vancouver. Once work chills a bit here in month or so I'll put some elbow grease into this. Also I think the results of the election is going to dictate where the most energy needs to be focused.

I was impressed by the BCWF and this latest press release summarizing the latest effort to protect and grow wildlife in BC:

Five of the province’s leading conservation organizations have signed a historic Memorandum of Understanding in support of growing wildlife populations in British Columbia. The BC Wildlife Federation, Guide Outfitters Association of British Columbia, Wild Sheep Society of British Columbia, Wildlife Stewardship Council and the B.C. Trappers Association came together to announce the MOU at the BCWF’s Annual General Meeting in Nelson on Saturday.

Concern about the on-going decline of wildlife including, moose, mule deer, elk, wild sheep and caribou brought the conservation organizations together for the sake of building and maintaining healthy wildlife populations for First Nations, B.C. residents, guide outfitters, trappers and the non-hunting public. The MOU follows the provincial government’s recent announcement that all hunting licence revenues will be re-invested to enhance wildlife management activities.
    “This MOU is another mechanism to ensure the province invests in our wildlife”, said John Henderson, President of the Wildlife Stewardship Council.

Jim Glaicar, President of the 50,000 member BC Wildlife Federation said, "The collaborative efforts of our five organizations will help to ensure the province follows through on its commitment to enhance wildlife management."
    Michael Schneider, President of the Guide Outfitters Association of British Columbia said, "This is a great opportunity for our organizations to work together for the betterment of wildlife in the province."
    “B.C.'s wild sheep populations have been declining for years", said Rodney Zeman, President of the Wild Sheep Society of BC. "This MOU will help to ensure we put and keep wild sheep on the mountain."

B.C. Trappers Association, President Brian Dack said, “We look forward to working with our conservation partners in support of growing more wildlife."