Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: TO ALL HUNTERS LIVING IN Reg. 2

Re: TO ALL HUNTERS LIVING IN Reg. 2

Just got home, very informative, sadly too many empty seats even for a venue as small as the Langley Township chambers! Apathy is an ugly bitch that will bite us in the ass if not more involved!
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

guest Guest

Well said Steelco.
    The apathy and why bother attitude will bring zero to our grandchildrens memories of appreciating fish, wildlife and all its splendours.
    Wow, people need to see the comparisons of ALL our neighbors and how they value the great outdoors.

Great presentation.

CT

Wish I could have gone. Too bad the turnout was low.

I was at the Naniamo meeting and asked about more funding than just hunting licence fees. There are ideas out there that are worth pursuing, look at funding models south of the border.Resource companies and others who use public land and affect the environment should contribute. I would like to see the monies looked after by a large umbrella organisation(not gov't) that brings in as many parties as possible, this means we will have to let old animosities go and work as one. With secure adequate funding anything is possible. I'm encouraged by Ourea's comments as it sounds like it may be coming.

Yes, too many empty seats.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Was actually surprised by the low turnout. Talked to quite a few who said they would be there. None turned up. If 2 hours on a Wednesday evening is too much than what would work?
    I don't shoot innocent animals... Just the ones that look guilty!

Excellent presentation by Al Martin, with great dialogue and questions following.

As for the turn out. 10,000 BCWF members in the lower mainland. Perfect venue, and 70 people in the audience. .7 percent of our member base. Point.....

We have to do better.
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

I'm glad I went. Partners bailed. I think the conversation is heading in the right direction; we need to bring the message to everyone ( in media, social media and person to person) because people just don't show up in person for things.

My top takeaways:
    BC government has willfully underfunded wildlife since before I was born.
    FN rights and resource extraction are proiorities at the expense of wildlife in BC
    The BC wildlife model is not broken, because it was never soundly constructed to begin with. As the presentation said, it is a train wreck.

Who was the gentleman sitting at the middle aisle who brought up the problem of BC's apartheid system and the issue of the FN market hunt? I would like to know more.
    ἀλήθεια

Make like a baby and head out!

Quote Originally Posted by Steeleco View Post
    Just got home, very informative, sadly too many empty seats even for a venue as small as the Langley Township chambers! Apathy is an ugly bitch that will bite us in the ass if not more involved!
    anti-climatic for sure, sorry to hear

and yet back east......
    For a second weekend in a row, hundreds of demonstrators took to the streets of Montreal to protest million-dollar pay hikes for Bombardier executives they characterized as “legal theft.”
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Pretty eye opening yesterday especially from a funding point of view and a lack of public interest even within the hunting community. We definitely need to get the word out the way its being done down south.

If you listen to podcasts, Jesse Zeman is on the rookie hunter podcast and that is also very informative.