Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: new licence system is up and running

new licence system is up and running

Just checked to see if the online licence was ready yet, and sure enough, it's up and running. Very easy to use and navigate. Tags are purchased after you have bought your licence, and again, easy to do.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: new licence system is up and running

I bought the hard copy booklet license and bear tags already because I didn't want to trust waiting for a potentially buggy system and then another 3 weeks for the tags to arrive, but signed in to see if I could order my deer licenses for the coming year. Well, it does not recognize that I already have a valid hunting 2017/18 license (booklet) so wants me to buy a new one... Nice to see the system is already failing/broken... Unless it isn't showing because it isn't actually valid until tomorrow but then I imagine you would have had the same problem buying your tags...

I have a funny feeling that those who buy the booklet hunting license will have to stick with the old style tags for everything this year and won't be able to get the new tags at all...

I did the same thing for myself, bought my book and a few tags a few days ago (bought my wifes online today). I was told it would take a few days for your purchased licence and tags to show up in my profile. I'm not going to say its broken yet, i'll give it a few days. I understand we will be able to buy online tags even if we already bought the book.

[QUOTE=russm86;1893649
    I have a funny feeling that those who buy the booklet hunting license will have to stick with the old style tags for everything this year and won't be able to get the new tags at all...[/QUOTE]

And the problem with that is? Not sure as I checked pricing for tags and so far it's the same online as in store. Russ is there something we should know about pertaining to the differences between the two, I bought all my tags already for the year in the old paper booklet?
    P.S. just spoke with Services Canada locally stated online system not ready to go fully until May 1st now?

Don't know what's not fully ready about it. I was able to do everything that I needed to do. Bear, deer, moose, caribou, goat, and sheep tags.

Hmmm maybe the service clerk at SC hasn't got the press release yet way out here in the boonies.
    What Tikka - no elk? lols

Worked for me today too, super easy. I'm a fan. I don't see any issue with the new system yet. The LEH is super easy as well and if I can avoid going to the service BC counter, I'm a happy man!

who has a link? I cant even find the place....

Most of it seems like improvement, but the real test will be how quickly you get your tags mailed after purchasing online, that seems like the Achilles heel...
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

Just put mine through - now to see how long it takes - at least I'm not in a hurry!