Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: new licence system is up and running

Re: new licence system is up and running

Quote Originally Posted by Slinky Pickle View Post
    I just purchased mine online and is was smooth and painless. The only issue I had was the limit of 3 deer tags. I have always purchased 2 mule deer tags and 2 whitetail tags knowing full well that I could only use 3 of them. I just want to make sure that if something unexpected happens, I have a tag in my picket to cover it. I know I'll throw one out but it's just more flexible. I hope they allow this soon.
    Where did you find the species tags? License was no sweat but I cant find the species tags to buy.
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense. It only needs more defenders."

Just did mine.........license & 5 tags all at the same time......took about 3-4 minutes in total.
    Easy to navigate, easy to use.
    Done, printed out my receipt, just have to wait for species tags in the mail.
    I'm impressed despite my reservations and doubts leading up to it.

Pretty obvious why we can't print out our own species tags........prevents the unscrupulous from printing out multiple copies of a tag.

LEH "choices" not available yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelin Sportsman View Post
    Where did you find the species tags? License was no sweat but I cant find the species tags to buy.
    /\
    l
    l
    Dumbass! Figured it, like it.
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense. It only needs more defenders."

Easy got mine done in a few minutes. I think they might have done something right....

How come my species tag options all show that they "end Mach 31 2017". Does that mean they are only valid to March 31 2017? The wording is not real clear.

Quote Originally Posted by northernguy View Post
    How come my species tag options all show that they "end Mach 31 2017". Does that mean they are only valid to March 31 2017? The wording is not real clear.
    Sounds like you might have bought the 2016/2017 license instead of 2017/2018. It's kind of stupid to have them both there but you have to watch for that.
    If an animal is going to die so that I might live, the least I can do is perform the unsavoury deed myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Travalanche View Post
    Probably so that people can't shoot an animal, cancel the tag, go home and throw it in the garbage and print another one then go shoot another animal.
    Like you can do with fishing licences?
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

Quote Originally Posted by northernguy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Slinky Pickle View Post
    Sounds like you might have bought the 2016/2017 license instead of 2017/2018. It's kind of stupid to have them both there but you have to watch for that.
    If you are referencing the fact both years show in the drop down when buying a license, it makes sense both are there.

2016-2017 hunting season wasn't over until about 10 minutes ago when last light came and went. So in theory someone wanting to go out and hunting something in season today could have bought their 2016-2017 license so they could hunt.

I suspect 2016-2017 won't be an option tomorrow, or maybe come Monday if they have to manually remove it.

If you are looking under "License History" it shows last years license and tags. I thought something was fishy and then realized the newest are at the bottom of the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Lastcar View Post
    2016-2017 hunting season wasn't over until about 10 minutes ago when last light came and went. So in theory someone wanting to go out and hunting something in season today could have bought their 2016-2017 license so they could hunt.
    I understand why it was there but it just seems odd to unveil a brand new online system that was promised for the 2017/2018 season and then allow you to select a license for the previous year. I think it would be in their best interest to make this transition as smooth as possible and throwing an option in the could accidentally be selected by those just trying figure this new system seems a bit foolish.
    If an animal is going to die so that I might live, the least I can do is perform the unsavoury deed myself.

Cool. I check this yesterday and it wasn't up. Just bought the license and a bear tag! First time as a senior $7.35 gotta like that!s
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."