Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: new licence system is up and running

Re: new licence system is up and running

Quote Originally Posted by tikkahunter View Post
    Didn't say anything about my tags did I Links?!
    I was just joking, looked like you had your hands full with some big plans this year already lols

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

all good, licence&tags ! simple to use now just to wait until they arrive.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Quote Originally Posted by tikkahunter View Post
    I did the same thing for myself, bought my book and a few tags a few days ago (bought my wifes online today). I was told it would take a few days for your purchased licence and tags to show up in my profile. I'm not going to say its broken yet, i'll give it a few days. I understand we will be able to buy online tags even if we already bought the book.
    Well, I've had mine for a few weeks already and they aren't up on the online system so not likely a few days... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Linksman313 View Post
    And the problem with that is? Not sure as I checked pricing for tags and so far it's the same online as in store. Russ is there something we should know about pertaining to the differences between the two, I bought all my tags already for the year in the old paper booklet?
    P.S. just spoke with Services Canada locally stated online system not ready to go fully until May 1st now?
    Pricing is the same, biggest difference is availability as the place I bought my booklet and sticker tags said they only had limited quantities of the booklets and certain species tags and would only have the old type until the vendor system is up and running online at which time they will switch to the new individual species tags. So if I'm not going to be able to buy the tags online because I have the booklet and the stupid website doesn't recognize that I already have an annual hunting license then I'm going to have to go and buy the rest of my species tags for my booklet before they are sold out or change over to the new ones, so it would be nice to know before it's too late and I can't get my deer tags etc...

So if I buy online I need to wait for a physical tag in the mail? Are my hopes for going out for bear tomorrow shattered?

Yes, if you buy online your tags will be mailed to you. Only way to get tags immediately is to go to a vendor. As for
    tomorrow, you'd need to find a vendor that has the old style booklets and tags.

I believe you can buy your license online and then go to a vendor to buy tags.

now i am not sure what to do...i dont plan on hunting spring bear so waiting for tags is no big deal...but i like to be carrying tags for anything open if i am in the woods target shooting no matter the time of year....when in the woods with a gun i would rather not not have to debate with a CO whether i was hunting or not..

I just purchased mine online and is was smooth and painless. The only issue I had was the limit of 3 deer tags. I have always purchased 2 mule deer tags and 2 whitetail tags knowing full well that I could only use 3 of them. I just want to make sure that if something unexpected happens, I have a tag in my picket to cover it. I know I'll throw one out but it's just more flexible. I hope they allow this soon.
    If an animal is going to die so that I might live, the least I can do is perform the unsavoury deed myself.

So is this just for general hunting license and tags but not yet for LEH?