Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any other muzzleloader hunters around

Any other muzzleloader hunters around

Muzzleloader hunting is something I picked up a few years back and find myself enjoying more and more. This spring will be grizz/black bear hunting with my muzzleloader and debating on using it for all my big game hunting this season.

It is a bit of a pain picking up supplies in BC and often get met by a stunned look when asking for them at any sporting goods stores. Usually get met with there is no special season for it in BC so no intrest. No real surprise as I can't say I have run into anyone hunting with a muzzleloader outside of my 1 partner.

As my intrest in hunting with a muzzleloader grows I wonder how many others in BC hunt with one?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Any other muzzleloader hunters around

wholesale sports in Calgary usually has a good selection of muzzle loader gear and supplies.

Did a bit a long time ago in Ontario. BC has always deterred me from trying as blackpowder is so hydro phobic.

I enjoy shooting black powder and muzzleloaders. That said, I have yet to Hunt with this equipment but do have an interest in doing so and am looking forward to trying it out at some time in the future.

Btrige I often resort to ordering from the 3 big box stores as they hold a good selection in there stores outside of BC

Quote Originally Posted by ROY-alty33 View Post
    Did a bit a long time ago in Ontario. BC has always deterred me from trying as blackpowder is so hydro phobic.
    Had no issue yet but have worried on rainy days. So far tape over the muzzle has worked

I have hunted a considerable amount with traditional muzzleloaders over the years from squirrels to grizzly bears. Any North American game can be taken with a ML. Components are some what harder to find these days but are available if you know where.

What is it you are looking for?
    THE FEW THE PROUD, SEMPER FI

Quote Originally Posted by One Shot View Post
    I have hunted a considerable amount with traditional muzzleloaders over the years from squirrels to grizzly bears. Any North American game can be taken with a ML. Components are some what harder to find these days but are available if you know where.

What is it you are looking for?

Placed my order already nothing special just basics bore butter, heavy grain bullet/sabot, and a few cleaning supplies. I can find powder pellets and primers at whole sale in PG but nothing else around here

do you still hunt with muzzleloader?

In the process of building one right now…….almost finished…..hope to use it this hunting season……never even fired one before , but was always interested in it!!

Just bought one myself 2 months a ago. Yes a big pain locating things I needed and never realized that it costs more to get sabots and bullets and you get less for your buck however have melted some conical and round balls. Bought a decent scope and ready sight it in. Would you believe I have yet to fire it. I do have some experience I shoot a 1858 Remington. Still have lots to learn. I asked about getting black powder thread for this site but was told there was no interest. Been on gunnutz and the guys there are amazing and knowledgeable they have helped me lots. Powder is easy to find and primers and contacted circle fly wads and ordered 3000 wads very reasonable 51 US shipped also found kamloops wholesale has most of what I needed seems they always have a steady supply. I wish PG Wholesale could get their shit together and keep things in stock on a more regular basis. Actually wish we had a Cabelas here instead of wholesale.
    Last edited by kgs; 04-01-2017 at 04:09 PM.
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
    -- George Washington

" A long range shot should never be taken if the range is so great that a hold on the top the shoulders will not drop a bullet into the chest cavity." Author Jack O'Conner