Thread: Traditional new arrow question

Traditional new arrow question

I've got some 30 inch Easton legacy 2016's and just moved from 40 lbs to a 55 lbs recurve. Are those arrows usable with the heavier weight?

thanks in advance.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Traditional new arrow question

Quote Originally Posted by kebes View Post
    I've got some 30 inch Easton legacy 2016's and just moved from 40 lbs to a 55 lbs recurve. Are those arrows usable with the heavier weight?

thanks in advance.
    You might get a passable tune with a lighter point weight (If you can or even want to go lighter), but I would expect you're buying some fresh ones.

Many variables like did you have a good tune before, are the bows otherwise comparable, like cut the same amount to centre for example, length, limb composition, blah, blah, blah.

Only way to tell is to bare shaft you're existing arrows and see.

Depending on your required tip weight and length of arrow I see some shiny new .500's in your future!

2016 or 2018 depending on tip weight are the 2 best aluminum spine for a 55 lb with 30 inch arrow

Hey Kebes , prep an arrow of each spine and trying 100 gns and 125 gns on each . Have a friend observe the noise and vibration of the bow limbs on release . Have them shoot with the same draw lenght and you watch . The bows lack of noise and vibrations will tell you which combo works best . 2016-8`s are smaller dia for longbows and may be light particular in spine . As Marc posts 500 spine and I suggest in Carbons will impress you.
    Cheers

PS: More carbon selection in weight and spine and less expensive .
    Last edited by greybark; 03-30-2017 at 09:33 PM.
    REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab on --

Group Memberships.

Traditional Bowhunters of BC
    Abbotsford Fish and Game Club
    BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC

Honestly, I see no reason these days to stick with aluminium. In my opinion, dated, fragile and carbon always works out cheaper in the long run.