Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How many Km on your ATV/UTV?

How many Km on your ATV/UTV?

Hey folks, I'm looking at picking up a used Quad for hunting and general yard work on our property. Looking at used, and I'm kinda shying away at anything with over 4000k on it but I really have no idea what the shelf life of a good quad is. Given good regular maintenance and considering the bike hasn't been thrashed or sunk how many km is a quality quad good for ( narrowed the search to Honda, Yamaha, or Suzuki)? How many k do you have on your well maintained (or thrashed) machine? I know I have 130,000 on my street bike and don't even think twice about it as I know how it's been maintained. Thanks for the input.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: How many Km on your ATV/UTV?

Hi...Don't know why your so fixed on only Honda ..Suzuki ..or Yamaha ..I have a Can-Am and they are an excellent machine ..A friend of mine just traded his Can-Am in that had 14000kms ..Nothing the matter with it ..He just wanted a newer one ..If you service them they will last a very long time ..Canadian made and great warranty ..I have friends that have Yamahas and they are forever fixing them..Can-Ams are twin cylinder and run great ..They also have an excellent suspension ...Anyway that's my 2 bits ..Good luck ..Dennis

Can Am atv's are made in Mexico....Canadian company....
    I don't usually talk to Trudeau supporters, but when I do, I usually order fries.

"Society is degenerating at a rapid pace. Humans are being socially engineered at a global level. Everything is about identity politics and feelings. Critical thinking is rare." caddisguy

1999 Honda 450, 29981km....burns a little oil but still going strong.
    1994 Yamaha 400 Kodiak, 6701km...odometer cable was broke for about 10 years though....still runs great.
    Last edited by btridge; 03-28-2017 at 04:50 PM.

I would shy away from anything belt driven and anything thats not a Honda. Personal preference I know but theres a reason people associate the term reliable with Honda.

Quote Originally Posted by btridge View Post
    1994 Yamaha 400 Kodiak, 6701km...odometer cable was broke for about 10 years though....still runs great.
    1999 Honda 450 S .... 10,000km ...
    1990 Honda 350 4Trax ....
    Neither burns/leaks oil .... both run strong.
    Trouble free machines.

2007 Arctic Cat H1 650, not a huge amount of K's (3000) but they haven't been easy ones. Only issues were not the fault of the machine. Opinions are like belly buttons, everyone's got one, do some research, decide what fits your needs and go get it.

Can am outlander 400. 2007. About 7000km. No hiccups at all
    I won't always be young, but I can be immature forever

Quote Originally Posted by btridge View Post
    Thanks, this is the kinda stuff I'm looking for. Even if I found something up around 10,000k. The amount I will probably use it I would be hard pressed to put another 20,000 on in my lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by elknut View Post
    Hi...Don't know why your so fixed on only Honda ..Suzuki ..or Yamaha ..I have a Can-Am and they are an excellent machine ..A friend of mine just traded his Can-Am in that had 14000kms ..Nothing the matter with it ..He just wanted a newer one ..If you service them they will last a very long time ..Canadian made and great warranty ..I have friends that have Yamahas and they are forever fixing them..Can-Ams are twin cylinder and run great ..They also have an excellent suspension ...Anyway that's my 2 bits ..Good luck ..Dennis
    Not written in Stone. Support for the three Japanese bikes is closer and easier. I'm also looking for a 400-500 size machine. Most of the Can Ams I find are big bore machines. If a nice Outlander 400 dropped in my lap for a good price I would probably scoop it up. Look long enough and hard enough and you'll find horror stories regarding just about any make/model you choose. 140,000k is good info to stash away. Haven't had much at all to do with quads. Don't know whether they last 20,000 or 200,000. All in the maintenance I'm sure.