Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rangefinders

Re: Rangefinders

First choice Leica, then Leupold.

Iv only used one range finder, the ranger 1000. Mines been a Lemmon from day 1, if I could do it again I'd go Leica.

I would go Leupold can never go wrong. Ive been using a bushnell one made for golf for the last 10 years, for both hunting and golfing things been beat up, chucked at the golf bag, slid down a couple embankments etc and it still works good or i would be upgrading to a leupold.

Quote Originally Posted by Asco View Post
    I went thru 3 rangefinders. They were all baloney. Partner got a Leica.
    Hot damn that thing ranged deer at 800 yards at dusk. One click and no lag.

the answer is leica. Turns out the lasers in all the others are the same Japanese lasers. Glass and the calculator part are the only differences. Don't waste your money on another baloney rangefinder like I did.
    Where does Leica get there lasers from vs the Japanese kind? I know a friend of mine uses their industrial line in his survey business and is very impressed with quality, durability and accuracy.

Happy with my Zeiss. Pretty reasonably priced considering victory is written on it.

Try This link. Very informative : http://www.6mmbr.com/rangefinders.html

I'm selling a brand new in box ranger 1000 if you decide on going that route I'll save you some money
    Originally Posted by olympia
    if your worried bout ticks than you aint never been bit by a snake while pissing...try gettin your hunting partner to suck the poison out

I have leupold as well, but i bought it 5-6 years ago and it was on sale. When I was in the market for range finder, i looked at effective range, online reviews, clarity of optics, angle compensation, etc. Price was also important, but little bit less. I narrowed down to a few models, leica, leupold, etc, and waited for sale. Leupold was the first one to come on sale.

Also, i like the red markings, instead of black. It works very well during the morning, evening times. It work quite good during midday, but when it is really bright, it can be hard to read numbers.
    Mike Rowe: Don't follow your passions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVEuPmVAb8o
    The Unconquered: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q88AkN1hNYM
    History of Poland: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DrXgj1NwN8
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance" - James Madison

Quote Originally Posted by Citori54 View Post
    I have the Leupold 1200TBR and have been happy with it so far. Very fast at ranging.
    X2...maybe the Leica is a hair better but you can find the Leupold at a much better price online, and they're close...
    B.C., PRE-NDP, formerly the best place to play! Cogito, ergo armatus sum!

Regarding warranties on electronics.
    Bushnell replaced my 4 year old Gforce arc 1300 when it failed to operate.
    Their site states 1yr on electronics yet they replaced no charge well out of the warranty period.