Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rangefinders

Re: Rangefinders

I have an old bushnell arc 600 that reads pretty good with the advertised range!

Quote Originally Posted by KodiakHntr View Post
    My 1200 hasn't missed a beat ever, but a buddy bought one at the same time and it went back twice till he got one that would work past 600 yards. Electronic stuff is always a gamble in my mind.
    my father in bought a Leica 900 in 2007, it worked great until 2015 when it fell out of his pocket and is now in the bottom of a lake. He replaced it with a Leica 1600B and its amazing. Both the 1200's I had years ago would fail to give distances beyond 300y after owning them for a little over a year. WHen they sent me a new one to replace the 2nd one I sold it NIB and went with a Leupold RX1000, which was crap
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Leica 1600B from experience tough to beat. Sig Kilo 2000 from what I've read is even better. Ran leupold and bushnell previously, not much good to say about either when it comes to serious LR...
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

In my experience the Vortex works well. I have the Ranger 1000 and it does its job, which is to say I click the button and get my range.

I do appreciate the Vortex warranty, but I've owned five vortex scopes plus the ranger and have never needed it.
    A conservationist is an environmentalist with a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by .264winmag View Post
    Leica 1600B from experience tough to beat. Sig Kilo 2000 from what I've read is even better. Ran leupold and bushnell previously, not much good to say about either when it comes to serious LR...
    What do you call long range?
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

The Leica 1600B won't angle correct at archery ranges.....only beyond 100m....made that purchase mistake when they first came out and Leica didn't advertise that issue. The Leica 1000R is very slow on the angle correction calculation....over 2 seconds for a reading, which is an eternity with an animal in front of you and you want repeat readings....but it does angle correct for bowhunter yardages and has excellent optics. For archery use the Leupold 1000 TBR/i etc has worked perfectly for me for 3 years. For long range rifle work, it would not be my first choice as either of the mentioned Leicas is better and the slow readings are not going to be much of an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Blockcaver View Post
    The Leica 1600B won't angle correct at archery ranges.....only beyond 100m....made that purchase mistake when they first came out and Leica didn't advertise that issue. The Leica 1000R is very slow on the angle correction calculation....over 2 seconds for a reading, which is an eternity with an animal in front of you and you want repeat readings....but it does angle correct for bowhunter yardages and has excellent optics. For archery use the Leupold 1000 TBR/i etc has worked perfectly for me for 3 years. For long range rifle work, it would not be my first choice as either of the mentioned Leicas is better and the slow readings are not going to be much of an issue.
    Myself, archery is not an issue. Can pick up a sufficient archery RF for less than a good night at the bar. As for the slow readings, i would say the exact opposite with my 1600b, its the fastest Ive encountered.
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Red View Post
    What do you call long range?
    800+, even the leupold and bushnell models Ive used were finicky outside 500. Inside 500 I'd venture anything on the market would get the job done...

I have Leopold 1200tbr or whatever it is. I'm not impressed. Buy once, cry once. I wish I had stepped up. I have a hell of a time getting over 600m readings off car sized boulders. Trees beyond 600... Not happening.

I'm curious about the sig kilo2000. This thread is the first time I've read anything negative about them.