Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hunting/ Firearm/ Liability insurance

Re: Hunting/ Firearm/ Liability insurance

I'm still researching this, but feel like I will buy soon, before I go out for spring bear...cost seems very reasonable for how it could potentially help you

any members here have any feedback on this?

http://firearmlegaldefence.com/legal...nse-insurance/

http://firearmlegaldefence.com/wp-co...y-v1012-16.pdf
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

The Legal Defence Insurance topic has been discussed at length on CGN, you might want to go there.
    It's certainly reasonably priced, maybe a couple boxes of decent ammo, and would be nice to have if the need arises.
    The down side is that IMHO the policy wordings are somewhat vague.
    Many have asked for examples where this type of policy has actually been successfully claimed on but AFAIK there haven't been any confirmable examples presented.
    Again, you have to read the wordings, it's certainly not an all encompassing policy.

some rifle range membership has liability ins. included...

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Glove View Post
    The Legal Defence Insurance topic has been discussed at length on CGN, you might want to go there.
    It's certainly reasonably priced, maybe a couple boxes of decent ammo, and would be nice to have if the need arises.
    The down side is that IMHO the policy wordings are somewhat vague.
    Many have asked for examples where this type of policy has actually been successfully claimed on but AFAIK there haven't been any confirmable examples presented.
    Again, you have to read the wordings, it's certainly not an all encompassing policy.
    That's good to know. Thats why I'm kinda skeptical on getting that.

Quote Originally Posted by srthomas75 View Post
    Question: Is having a liability policy for this common? Or are some folks more cautious/ worried / paranoid than others? I personally don't think if that stuff when I go camping or fishing or hiking or bike riding or grocery shopping and I would like to think I'm pretty normal.
    ( but it reminds me of a story from years ago. My a friends boss and his wife were not going to join them for a day on the lake in his boat because they weren't sure if their life insurance policy covered them for water skiing.)
    With my line of work (water/ fire damage restoration,) insurance is everything. I want to be protected if anything happens. Be it legal stuff or theft. Our hobby is expensive enough as it is. God forbid I need lawyer in the future. It will surely bankrupt me.
    Last edited by gmachine19; 03-23-2017 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gmachine19 View Post
    With my line of work (water/ fire damage restoration,) insurance is everything. I want to be protected if anything happens. Be it legal stuff or theft. Our hobby is expensive enough as it is. God forbid I need lawyer in the future. It will surely bankrupt me.
    You can never be insured against "anything", there are always exclusions.
    I'd suggest you sit down with a qualified Independent Insurance Broker and discuss your needs. Buy the broadest coverage you can. Get a Personal Umbrella Policy which is an excess liability policy to provide higher liability limits on your home, autos, ATV's, boat, whatever. For the Firearms Defence / Legal stuff buy one of those specific policies. Might be useless, might not be, you never know. Check all your memberships like BCWF, Gun Club, etc. as many of them provide liability coverage for certain sporting activities.
    Now, you might bankrupt yourself paying all those insurance premiums but at least you'll be well insured.
    In your line of work you probably get a lot of your business from Insurance Companies - take a look at how they handle the claims you get assigned to. Deal with the Company that handles them best.

I've never heard of insurance coverage for going out in the bush? And I wouldn't spend 5 cents buying insurance for being in the bush! If I do happen to shoot you and a few of your buddy's, you must'a needed shoot'in, and as long as I'm the only one still breath'in after this terrible accident, who they go'in believe??? Now who want's ta go hunt'in!!!

Try Canadian Coalition for Firearm Rights. If you get a membership you can get an insurance and legal representation as well: https://firearmrights.ca/en/insurance/
    Last edited by Sambor; 03-24-2017 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Glove View Post
    If all you are worried about is you being liable under civil law for property damage, death, bodily injury and such to someone arising out of an accident caused by your negligence ( not your illegal actions ) then your Homeowners should do the job.
    These are criminal offenses.
    Get it on the ground, that's when the work starts

Quote Originally Posted by hoochie View Post
    These are criminal offenses.
    Not necessarily, all depends on the circumstances.