The only reason in my opinion to get the liability insurance is if your hunting the Fraser valley where the special area liscence requires it or quite possibly I could see it being that little extra safe feeling for a land owner if your knocking on farmers doors in the interior looking to hunt some private property though it's not needed. Every year I just go through the bcwf it's cheap and you get some magazines out of it yearly, their is also a printable agreement that can be used between you and the land owner which has worked in my favour a few times in the Fraser valley, I hunt the shotgun zones and rifle zones in mission so it's mandatory, I also bow hunt in areas and have found that between my charmingness and that bcwf price of paper it seems to put land owners at ease a little more.

I myself though never even think about insurance if I'm hunting outside of the Fraser valley, "accidents" are all preventable by safe muzzle direction, being comfortable with your firearm, knowing what's behind your target, verifying your target properly, not using your firearms as a pair of binoculars to scan areas when you have no verified a target. And common sense

i might have got a little off topic with my rant but it seems like your wanting to buy the insurance to cover your butt if you cause an accident in areas you don't need insurance ? . If you are are new to firearms and hunting I suggest maybe finding a mentor, if I am correct on this is and you live in the Fraser valley or have any questions feel free to pm me if you live close enough to me I don't mind taking someone out just getting into the sport and teaching.