Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hunting/ Firearm/ Liability insurance

Hunting/ Firearm/ Liability insurance

Hey all! Who does everyone use for liability insurance while out the bush? I'm about to sign up to BCWF and I was wondering if there are other alternatives.

Cheers!
    G

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Hunting/ Firearm/ Liability insurance

Is this for the special Fraser valley permit. If it is I just use my house insurance

House insurance here too

Quote Originally Posted by crazy ducker View Post
    Is this for the special Fraser valley permit. If it is I just use my house insurance
    Nah. Just something to cover my ass in case something happens.

I use the policy BCWF arranges. Support the federation and get benefits at the same time.

Why that can,t be automatically includet in ya hunting licence,,,like many countries in europe,,,,it is not gonna be too many $ extra,,,im willing to pay that ..

As others have suggested, depending on what you are doing your Homeowners Policy may cover your exposure.
    It won't cover any illegal acts, Firearms Act breeches, ATV use and a lot of other things.
    If you are concerned about being Charged with a Firearms Offense then you should look at specific policies that may cover some aspects of that.
    If all you are worried about is you being liable under civil law for property damage, death, bodily injury and such to someone arising out of an accident caused by your negligence ( not your illegal actions ) then your Homeowners should do the job.
    Note, this is just a very broad, simplified statement, always discuss your insurance needs with your Broker and read your damn policy.

I checked with my homeowner insurance...they cover all my gear with no specific limit for sporting equipment which includes my guns, glass, etc.....there is an overall limit but it is more than enough coverage.
    KCCO

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyno View Post
    I checked with my homeowner insurance...they cover all my gear with no specific limit for sporting equipment which includes my guns, glass, etc.....there is an overall limit but it is more than enough coverage.
    That's quite normal, the OP was asking however about the liability coverage which BCWF etc. can provide.

Question: Is having a liability policy for this common? Or are some folks more cautious/ worried / paranoid than others? I personally don't think if that stuff when I go camping or fishing or hiking or bike riding or grocery shopping and I would like to think I'm pretty normal.
    ( but it reminds me of a story from years ago. My a friends boss and his wife were not going to join them for a day on the lake in his boat because they weren't sure if their life insurance policy covered them for water skiing.)