Thread: 7-7 Grizzly advice

7-7 Grizzly advice

Hey Guys

I was successful in receiving a grizzly draw in 7-7 april 15-june 15. I have hunted the area for moose and such but not for grizzly. if anyone has any pointers or starting points I would appreciate it. Have hunted grizz before just not in this area.

Thank you

Martin

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 7-7 Grizzly advice

My dad has hunted that unit for moose for the last 8 years. Said they haven't seen any grizz for about 5 yrs. Wish I had better news. Hope you find something. Can't wait to see all the grizz pics coming soon

Buddy of mine was up the Coalmine Road last weekend and they are winter logging.Early access is a bonus.

my first grizzly hunt i did biggest thing was get off the road i manged to see 9 grizzly's that trip all off in the bush. i haven't been to 7 7 but look for slides lots of glassing they also love devils club. moving up that way in may just bought a house.

From 99 to 2009 I hunted moose I. 7-07. Are group saw grizzlies every year but 2 (14 in total). Coalmine Rd, Wansa lake, Grizzly lake Pitony lake Tsus mtn, and the height of land between the Yellowhead and coalmine Rd. West of the cutoff Rd are places we saw them.

Lots of grizzly in 7-07 where I moose hunt. Been moose hunting there since 1981 and the population hasn't got less then in those early years. Still lots of them around in places for sure. Remember that they prefer to stay away from human activity.
    Their steaks, roasts and burger to me! Tom