Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: British Columbia to increase investment in wildlife management

Re: British Columbia to increase investment in wildlife management

Fisher Dude,
    I just had a pleasant pm exchange with someone here who explained that to me.
    No I was not aware but now it does make sense, even tho I don't like it...

Quote Originally Posted by Whonnock Boy View Post
    It should be noted that all parties are on board with this regardless of who gets elected in May.
    If that's the case then it doesn't matter who we vote for.
    It's a win - win for the environment no matter.

Always skeptical about any government/any party promise, especially when it comes with a new agency. Having said that I am hoping it is instituted and is a huge success.

Well it's been talked over for a long time. Really positive IMO

This has been a long time in the making and is a great step forward. It would be one thing if this was knee jerk or one time "donation", but its a permanent dedication to wildlife. 12 million more than we had at this time last year.

Another key component is the independent group that will drive the changes for wildlife separating government from contentious issues such as wolf control and grizzly management.

Another question, now that all funds from licences and tags are going to wildlife management, will hunters be willing to pay more for the privilege to hunt? I know I would not hesitate. If all hunters agree, that money will only grow. From there with leveraging from companies and organizations those 14 million can grow to much more....... I can dream, but this is the best news we have had for wildlife in a long while and is a great start to what can be if we keep engaging the people that matter. It will obviously have growing pains and bumps along the way, but this is a win and a great start to reestablishing wildlife numbers in BC. Don't get complacent folks. Keep engaged, keep being involved and keep pushing.

Thank you to the people that have busted their asses and worked so hard for this!
    There was a time I thought all parties that cared for wildlife and habitat conservation could find common ground. I was wrong. Adapt....

Great news! Jim Glaicar and the Fed are making a big difference with respect to the funding our wildlife here in BC.
    Congrats!!!

For any of those that r remotely negative or bitching......get a life.

There r certain individuals who have worked tirelessly on creating and then selling this sustainable funding model and it is finally getting traction.

Give ur head a shake if u knee jerk with skepticism and complaint.
    Either get on board of a solid plan that will address the needs facing wildlife for the future and a way to pay for it, or, simply do nothing other than analyze and criticize.

What side of life r u on ...... the doers side that make a difference or the complainers that only serve to get in the way?

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Sounds like good news. Noticed they mentioned all fees from Hunting Licenses and tags would go to fund this. Good start. Now maybe all the other outdoor user groups who have been advocating to limit or curtail hunting of certain species, in this province will rethink their position. It would be nice to see future revenue from some of these other user groups go towards this fund.

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post

There r certain individuals who have worked tirelessly on creating and then selling this sustainable funding model and it is finally getting traction.

Either get on board of a solid plan that will address the needs facing wildlife for the future and a way to pay for it, or, simply do nothing other than analyze and criticize.

What side of life r u on ...... the doers side that make a difference or the complainers that only serve to get in the way?
    Nothing wrong with a little healthy skepticism given the track record of every level of government in every generation since the dawning of time.

I hope history doesn't repeat itself but I'm holding my applause until we see this implemented.
    "Guns kill people like spoons made Rosie O'Donel fat"

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post

I thought you were above this. I have come to expect it from a few people but...
    Some people for sure are bitchers.... some, like myself are a bit ignorant but look for an answer. I did not know there was a funding difference. Makes perfect sense to me now. But really what people like your self who seem to be right in the know of it all should maybe post things to show it is working.
    I did not see the freshwater working in my area, but I have now been told why as well as a number of projects it is going to.

Sure people bitch, but you guys who are in it should be above them. The constant pissing matches are brutal. Telling people to give their heads a shake and to get a life only brings more crap.
    I hope this works, im sure it will. I would like to hear some areas that they are looking at and what the money might start to do.