Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: British Columbia to increase investment in wildlife management

Re: British Columbia to increase investment in wildlife management

Excellent work on everyone's behalf who worked tirelessly and like a pack of wolves to gets this done! This is a giant step in the right direction to give wildlife the recognition and attention they deserve! It's all about wildlife for future generations, the kids kids kids, if something doesn't get done soon, this resource is in trouble IMO. And I will be the first to say with 100% of hunting license dollars now going back to wildlife in BC, how about an increase to tags and license costs to continue to promote and ensure long term success of our wildlife in BC!!?? And before the attack on the proposal begins, a few dollar increase can mean millions more to wildlife. So hold off on a pack of beer once a year (for example), bottle of wine, etc, for wildlife's sake!!! Again, my hats off to the job well done by all!!!!!
    Sheep and Shepherds, way too many of one and not enough of the other.....if you're reading this, stop spending too much time on the internet and get into the bush!

Happy to hear this also.

Now can we pressure all parties to endorse this action and commit to implementing it? Or has that endorsement already been made?

guest Guest

This is terrific news going forward.
    to all those involved in pushing this through, making it possible, doing what it takes to make a difference .
    We as lovers of wildlife and the outdoors Thank You!
    It's these folks from various circles, resident hunters and recreational users, GOs, BCWF, BCFN, BCGov and others that are making this possible. It's a move in the right direction for doing what's best for wildlife and its future.
    Hopefully, this funding model, when it gets well off the ground, will secure a future for wildlife and its sustainability for our future generations to enjoy for years and years to come.
    I tip my hat to the many doing the down and dirty work to get this done. Thank you all !
    Its finally doing what's right for wildlife.
    Great to hear !
    CT

Quote Originally Posted by BowRunner View Post
    Happy to hear this also.

Now can we pressure all parties to endorse this action and commit to implementing it? Or has that endorsement already been made?
    And this is a very good question, is this commitment by the government 100% finalized and will for sure be implemented?? That being said, this is a very promising, positive step for wildlife in BC, and as previously said, thanks to all who put in all the time and effort into making this happen..

If this happens, I'm guessing the new agency will be an efficient way to work the funding model....it will be interesting to see how they would first use those funds, will it be a combination of predator reduction, habitat restoration projects, aerial counts, wildlife highway overpasses etc??

Good news, it always amazes me what can happen in an election year! K

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    And this is a very good question, is this commitment by the government 100% finalized and will for sure be implemented?? That being said, this is a very promising, positive step for wildlife in BC, and as previously said, thanks to all who put in all the time and effort into making this happen..

If this happens, I'm guessing the new agency will be an efficient way to work the funding model....it will be interesting to see how they would first use those funds, will it be a combination of predator reduction, habitat restoration projects, aerial counts, wildlife highway overpasses etc??
    Support the model, get behind it, get others on board, make it happen ....then ......and only then.... hunters can offer their input on what they would like to see done from their perspective.

Ideas are like nails.....without a hammer to drive them they do nothing.
    The hammer is being built

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

It took years after the commitment to get the full funding for FFSBC. But it happened thanks to the diligent work of a number of people. This is a huge step in the right direction.

At its base this is good ammunition for the debate between us and antihunters. It will show that we as hunters are infact contributing money and " they are not "

I know how hard the GOABC worked on this model for years, I am sure the BCWF worked every bit as hard. I myself are glad to see some positive results. Now we actually have a chance to put wildlife first.
    Lets make sure we hold what ever government is elected accountable.

I say let look at this as a big win until proven otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    Support the model, get behind it, get others on board, make it happen ....then ......and only then.... hunters can offer their input on what they would like to see done from their perspective.

Ideas are like nails.....without a hammer to drive them they do nothing.
    The hammer is being built
    Good points.......