Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anzac River 7-23-B Grizzly Draw

Thumbs up Anzac River 7-23-B Grizzly Draw

Lucky enough to get this draw although fairly easy odds.Hunted lots West/East and South but very little North of Prince George.Only one road in and one out.Looking at the lay of the land there are some good looking South facing slopes but never been in there.So far my only intel is "overgrown old slashes" and you would only "get lucky to catch a dumb Grizzly on the road".Luckily this person is only an aquiantance.Just kickin tires but snow is melting and some info would be much appreciated. Thank-you Mark

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Anzac River 7-23-B Grizzly Draw

That's my stomping grounds. That area is infested. From Windy Point gas station to the actual Anzac River that place is crawling. Yes very rare you catch one on the road, he'll stand up and bam he's gone. Yes very dense, hasn't been logged in years. So don't plan on a spot and stalk method. This area is also infested with cow/calf combos so finding a nice spot to call home is your best bet. Give yourself at least 100 yards radius and start calling moose. Within 4 hours you'll have a visitor. The wife and I were calling moose and 3 griz showed up and gave us a good chase. Yes only one way in. Bridges are ****ed from the Hodda side. Try calling for 2 days and if no luck find a nice open spot and cock off a few rounds and wait. That dinner bell works also. Any questions feel free to pm me. I'll be in 23A late April. Won't have to wait till May this year, it's warm and low snow fall. Best of luck to ya. Might be our last chance at an LEH grizz hunt.
    Simon

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

7-23b has been logged heavily this winter. There is a logging camp at 3 on the colbourne. They are going to be in there till break up from what I heard. Roads will be cleared, so early access should be good. Now I have a draw for the next 2 valleys over, any Intel? Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

Holminka Moosin? I was in there a year and a half ago for a fall grizz hunt. Monster cut block at the back end from 3 years ago. Great sight lines, good access until you hit the cut block, then 3-4 kms of water bars and good elevation gain to see from. Nice looking country.

Good intel on the Anzac btw.

Thank-you very much folks.You guys are awesome.Thanks for the PM's as well! Mark

Colbourne is in 23a isn't it?
    If a tree falls in the woods....did I cut it down?

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Quote Originally Posted by junkyard_g View Post
    Colbourne is in 23a isn't it?
    colbourne fsr runs along the Anzac river, which is smack dab in the middle of the MU. The height of land north of the MU is the Reynolds creek drainage, I believe! Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

Sounds like you have a good hunt in front of you!

Here's hoping.Gonna try to hit it every weekend as Grizzly is on my Bucket List!

Ill see you in there. I have this draw as well. Best of luck to you.